"Imagine" all the inappropriate songs...

by Tatiana 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• Seven
    Seven

April, Thank You for posting the Clear Channel info. I've been around the dial a few times and it seems very coincidental that I've heard nearly half of the songs on the list. I love it! Burning Down The House, Hey Joe and Doctor My Eyes all in past half hour.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I was thinking it may have been all a joke. But they had a segment on TV last night about it. They never talked about the retraction. And they showed the list. But maybe most Djs aren't paying attention...thank God.

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• Wounded Heart
    Wounded Heart

April - thank you for printing the list. i just read it in todays local paper and was going to type it all in tonight for all to see...you sure did save me alot of trouble.

about britney & justin singing on micheal js project--todays paper also had a statement from their managers that they are not participating in micheals project.

i too have heard many of the songs on the list being played on the radio.

good to see such healthy responses to this "banned song list"

Kat

Wounded Heart

Love by giving to & accepting others unconditionally = true, pure love

"When in doubt, do the loving thing." ~ 8yr old "Pirate"

• Teirce
    Teirce

Some of those are Vietnam protest era, and were all about fighting flames with imflamatory music.

That list didn't include "It's the End of the World As We Know It", REM, which is the most frightening song I've ever heard.

• treeny
    treeny

Hi Tatiana, I hope it is just an Urban legend as this site says it is. Hope this link works. http://www.snopes2.com/rumors/radio.htm
    You can check out other Urban Legends that have surfaced also. Take care friend,
    terry

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Terry????
    Is that you??? Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I reached my posting limit last night.

Thanks for the link. I guess after something tragic like this happens, lots of "rumors" surface.

I hope you stick around.....

Love.....

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- The Papers of Ben Franklin

Slipnslidemaster: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Ben Franklin

• Xena
    Xena

Amen slipnslidemaster...

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

April ~ FYI, they already offer parents the option to place a chip (tracking device) behind the ear of their child at birth. Scarely world isn't it? Now let them tell me that THAT is the mark of the beast!

It would stupid for them to ban such music. Yeah I can see banning Brittney or the "backdoor" boys (as my SM so beautifully calls them) and for god's sake so something with N'Sync!!! But some of the songs on this list are just venting instruments about my lover left me, etc. Some are of peace and love.

• TR
    TR

WOW! What a list!

Even the Black Sabbath songs are about peace.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit