Challenging the Discussion Board with Unsettling Questions

by The wanderer 44 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Like survivors of a disaster - we share a unique bond.

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Thanks for starting this thread Wanderer.

Thanks for all the replies. They made my day. That's why I am here.

Amnesia is not an option for the loss and grief outsiders cannot grasp

bewitched, bothered and bewildered

many will take the burden of a JW past to the end

on the often unsettling path toward freedom the load is lightened by others;

a lifelong common bond to replace the one we once held to be true,

until at the end we integrate and resolve all selves into...

(thanks Terry for your insights)

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Terry -- ya' done good. I think that's the best post I've seen from you.

I'm here, to make myself whole again. There have been too many holes plucked in my hide by the WTS, I was left wounded and bleeding. I helped teach my now adult children this horrible religion...I'm still shunned by 2 of them after I went inactive. My Mom died over the blood issue. (No good deed goes unpunished)

People here helped me heal somewhat, now I hope I can return that favor to newbies. I've learned 'here' some good, kind loving ways others have dealt with family and children who shun them. I practice that love towards them unconditionally -- and recently there has appeared a crack...a hopeful crack in that WT armor...in one of my other children that hasn't spoken to me in years. That...gives me the hope I need. I've seen the success stories of others like me, too.

I've seen it here and other places where ex-jw's meet to console and understand each other. Almost none, but, the most empathetic can understand what JW's & Ex-JW's go thru in that life changing experience.

The old adage, "Two heads are better than one," has some real truth to it.

That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it.

Rabbit

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

People are always asking Ex-JW's, "Why can't you just leave 'it' alone ?"

I was driving home the other day and passed a VFW Hall (Veterans of Foreign Wars). The parking lot was full of cars belonging to these Veterans, Ex-POW's and the friends & familes. They had a flag outside with the initials for the 'Missing In Action'.

I've always wondered, "Why can't they just leave it alone ?"

That day I thought that for about a 1/2 second. Even not being a War Veteran, I suddenly understood the connection I have to these Ex-soldiers: Life changing trauma. People close to me have died. There are POW's and lot's of MIA's, too. Humans need the qualified understanding from others who have had the same experiences.

Rabbit (Veteran of Religious War)

• Quentin
    Quentin

Yup...there's nothing like being around and talking with people that have gone through what you have. Can't count how many times someone posts their story. Then gets told "it happened that way to me", or "been there, know your hurt and pain"...words to that effect.

You come here and find true "brother's and sister's"...not the make believe because I'm told to do it kind that will kick you to the curb because you don't measure up to the fantasy world they live in...there is no fear here, just lots of understanding from people that won't rat you out...freedom, ain't it grand...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit