Interview with Judge Rutherford

by fullofdoubtnow 12 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

Here is something I have been meaning to mention for awhile.

In the 1941 article the reporter was the first reporter to interview Rutherford in three years! So the press was being kept away from Rutherford. But 11 years earlier, Rutherford was giving interviews left and right to Time magazine, the San Diego Sun, and probably a few other newspapers about his house Beth Sarim in San Diego.

So what happened betwe 1930 and 1938 so as to make Rutherford a recluse as far as newspapermen were concerned?

--VM44

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Rutherford: "our work is an individual mission, individuals serving God in their own way."

"In their own way"? When has the Watchtower EVER suggested people serve God "in their own way"?!?!

Half a century ago, and even then they were saying whatever the press wanted to hear, whatever would play well in the public ear.

Dave

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I like the way Reachout Trust introduced the interview:

Judge Rutherford", "That sub heading can either be taken as the name of the second president of the Watchtower Society, or what should be done to his words".

If they mean the words he uses in the interview don't fit with what is known of his character, then I agree with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit