How do they determine who is inactive?

by I.Wonder 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dobbie
    dobbie

FF is correct i should know cos i was always one or the other! There is no scriptural basis for this , just another way of controlling you and making sure you put your reports in.I did eventually try just putting one hr a month down so i'd stay regular and it was going ok til the elder made the comment 'so when can i look forward to seeing you putting down more than just one hour - would you like to try for two next month' so i stopped going out altogether!

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

The dubs claim that everyhting done in the org is based on Scripture. Anyone who has their thinking ability intact can see that this is one of their many man-made laws/rules and yet the rest just cannot see it.

I.W

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

I.Wonder . Did you also know that if you are considered inactive, that you are also no longer considered a "Jehovah's Witness". That is what was explained to me. I found that out after our son's adnoid surgery that if there was a blood issue with the doctors and if we had called the blood committee for assistance they would not have been able to help us out. That really was the final straw

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

calamityjane that is just terrible! I have never experienced nor have I ever heard of so much bs in all my life. The borg spouts off about all this love and happiness. What a crock!!

I.W

• dobbie
    dobbie

Calamityjane have never heard this before i think some of them like to make the rules up as they go along, my husband and i had been inactive for years but hes still on the school and is counted at meetings, also we had the hospital liaision committee when we 'needed' them.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

CalamityJane at the elders' school Fall/Winter 2005, the WTS Representative-Instructor made it clear that an Inactive publisher is still considered a JW and elders should do what they can to assist...assign to Pioneer assist others program, shepherding calls, etc.

The HLC won't help a DF person, or one who is not an unbaptized publisher. Any other situation, like the one you described, is probably up to the discretion of the local HLC.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane
    CalamityJane at the elders' school Fall/Winter 2005, the WTS Representative-Instructor made it clear that an Inactive publisher is still considered a JW and elders should do what they can to assist...assign to Pioneer assist others program, shepherding calls, etc.

doinmypart. That's very interesting, because my husband and I were inactive but still attending the meetings regularly and still considering myself a witness never imagining myself as anything but, they were handing the new blood cards out in the new year and they passed my husband and me by and would not give the blood cards to us to fill out, as that was their reason. Your inactive, not considered a witness, therefore no blood card.

Sorry for hijacking this thread I.Wonder

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

Hijack away calamityjane I certainly don't mind.

The experiences of yourself and dobbie show how the "rules" change from one cong. to the next.

In our local hall (and most halls I imagine) the rules change from one person to the next. It just depends on how much money you have or where you rank in the cong.

I.Wonder

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Looking up some old notes, must have been from early nineties at the latest , I had wrote down that "HLC is available only to publishers (baptized and unbaptized ) and their children." Lets face it, when somebody calls and says "XXXXX has been run over" you are not likely to respond by asking whether he had remembered to put in his report lately.

I would guess they mean that they would not help someone who had really drifted away, but would you want them to?

Calamity J. - I note what you said about a blood card. I also attend meetings with my wife. I was offered a blood card last year, having not reported for several years. I accepted the card because I wanted to see the format of the new cards so I could discuss it here. They have never followed up to see if I completed it .

As we said , different rules in different places . You seem to have had a hard nosed bunch of elders.

• blondie
    blondie

Not turn in time for one month up to 5 months in a 6 month period = IRREGULAR

Not turn in time for 6 consecutive months = INACTIVE

inactive publisher
    Any {publisher} who has not reported field activity for a period of six or more consecutive months is considered inactive by the {Society}. Any person who fails to report is not counted as one of {Jehovah's Witnesses} in the numbers published by the Society. (Compare {active publisher} and {regular publisher}.)
    irregular publisher
    Any {publisher} who has not reported preaching activity during one to five of the past six months. (Compare {active publisher}, {inactive publisher}.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit