Did they get rid of disfellowshipping? What?

by bluesapphire 10 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I need to know asap. Anyone have the scoop?

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Disfellowshipping is still alive and kicking.

They've just changed the announcements to read the same as disassociating... so that in the congregations minds they are one and the same...

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

As Effervescent mentioned the announcement was changed. When a person is DF or DA the announcement is simply "________ is no longer a JW."

I was an elder until a couple of weeks ago and there wasn't anything new as of that time. Don't know about since then.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    When a person is DF or DA the announcement is simply "________ is no longer a JW."

And that is "code" for the mind-numb dubasses to think of you as being df'd. No change really

Dismembered

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Disfellowshipping is still there, it's not gone away. How could it - they need something to threaten the flock with if any of them start thinking for themselves. They have just changed the announcement, that's all.

• sspo
    sspo

DF is not going anywhere

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I was told that this weekend in Mira Loma at the Elders and MS meeting they announced something concerning disfellowshipping that will "blow our minds."

The change in announcement is NOT it, according to this JW. Maybe it's a way to find leaks eh?

• under_believer
    under_believer

October Surprise, anyone? ;)

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    they announced something concerning disfellowshipping that will "blow our minds."

Perhaps this is the "special announcement" that everyone is talking about. My guess is the mind blowing change will be that all announcements will be made at the end of the service meeting instead of the beginning.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

There are some elders posting here, hopefully we'll hear something soon. Perhaps this could be the rumor mill running overtime or it could be the Big Announcenment, perhaps.

It would surprise me if the WTS made a move to loosening it's control by tampering with the DF process. It is just too good of a way to keep the R&F in line. But I suppose it could happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit