If a Witness speaks about your exit to you, does this happen to you too?

by free2beme 24 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I control the conversation by saying:

"I know you feel you need to ask those questions, but I have already answered to the people that need to know." Then change the subject.

I suppose if you like and/or respect this person this might seem abrupt; but ask yourself, would you let your friends talk to you this way?

If they believe they are really a Christian and worship God, they will know that Christ and God are the only ones you need to answer to.

Blondie

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Do you get these same common questions too?

No, the two JW's who work where I contract at treat me the way the Watchtower Society recommends... With the utmost disdain and contempt.

• Undecided
    Undecided

It's strange, no one has asked me why I left and I live in the same town that I was the PO and established the cong. here about 40 years ago. Not a single non JW has mentioned my time as a JW, even though I have called on about every house in the town when I was an active JW. I quess most of them are dead now.

Ken P.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Where I work - there are two fellas that are JWs. One who went to college and got a degree in electrical engineering, the other one... well... he is at the technician level.

Anyway... neither of them knows that I used to be a JW. That's cool. I prefer it that way. I am able to observe them as they go about their day.

Oh. If they ever found out that I was a JW and started asking me questions like that - during working hours - I would tell them that they need to can-it. Religion during business hours is a no-no. I could report them to Human Resources, and they'd be in deep poo-poo.

*shrug* But that's just me.

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. It's fun to watch them. One adhere's strictly to the JW rules on Thanksgiving - not attending the office dinner that is held each year. The other - he attends. It frustrates the one who doesn't attend. The funny thing is - most everyone who works here knows that they both are JWs.

• shera
    shera

If I was asked those questions,I would tell them I left because I chose to believe what my consceince permits me too.I don't live by JW rules, and I answer to no man regarding my spirtual beliefs. Have a nice day.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If someone starts on me I ask them, "Are you serious about learning the truth about the Watchtower Society or is this an attempt to reindoctrinate me?"

W

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

If I were you I would have asked him ," What part of" I don't want to go into detail' did you not understand ?"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Free2BeMe:

In answer to that persons questions regarding whether I still believed in Jehovah I would say Yes; in answer to the question if these are the last days I would answer Maybe; in answer to the question who has the right religion, I would say Nobody because they are all wrong in varying degrees.

LHG

• free2beme
    free2beme

In an odd way, I always do my utmost to show how comfortable and happy I am in life, when I am around Witnesses. I am polite, kind and try to be understanding to their position. I guess I do this, because I hope that perhaps one day they can see me and feel some courage in knowing that all the negative they heard, does not apply to everyone and perhaps they could make it out too. Weird, I know, as it is the same thinking we did as Witnesses to get them in. Some times methods are tried and true, and not copywrited by only one religion or organization.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I've never been asked that by former JW acquaintances I occasionally bump into. If they ever did ask, I'd simply say, "I have my reasons," and leave it at that. If they persisted, I'd tell them it's a private matter not open to discussion. Any persistance beyond that would be met with equal rudeness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit