Book study conductor

by sspo 18 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

Were you ever stuck with a book study conductor that was outright boring, with no teaching abilities

and there was nothing you could do about it but sit and fake it like you were spiritually fed and got stuck with him for years??

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Were you ever stuck with a book study conductor that was outright boring, with no teaching abilities

Well now, something in my gut tells me that pretty much every post on this thread is going to have a yes in it.

I've had some real "snooze makers" as conductors in my life time. I remember I had one particular conductor who had the intellect of a shower curtain. For a while, I was knocking back a few stiff drinks before the bookstudy just to make it interesting. You hear some guys talk about how they would drink to make the women look prettier. I used to drink to try to make this guy sound better. To no avail.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Brother Arthur, you are BAD.

Warlock

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Brother Arthur, you are BAD.

No, I was bad. Now, I am mischievous.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Just semantics, but I do enjoy your posts and humor.

Warlock

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Oh yes. The Greatest Mamba (The Greatest Man book) was terrible because it was so basic and there was probably 10% preparation in our group. The conductor was hardly ever prepared because it was so simplistic, and he'd just ramble about things he heard 15 years ago about Jesus.

• sspo
    sspo

One of the most boring time was when we were studying the Isaiah's books (both of them ) that took forever.

Same subject every single week how the nation of Israel went into apostasy,........ very boring expecially with a boring conductor

• blondie
    blondie

I had conductors that had not even read the material let alone prepared. The people in that group did prepare and had good comments despite him. It was a revolving group.

One brother was so bad that although people were officially assigned there, they went to other groups. It ended up only being the conductor and his family and the family in whose home the group met.......

But then I had conductors who prepared, had the scriptures read and commented on, encouraged extra research by attendees (even had some volunteer for certain things the week before).

Blondie

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Wow, if I listened I'd tell you LOL. I remember more so a conductor who had a low voice so it was hard to understand him, and he used really horrible analogies for stuff that didn't really make sense. "Jesus is loving, like a horse with peanut butter in his mouth"

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

There were one or two that droned on, but some were ok. I suppose if the material is boring, then the study will be boring, however good the conductor is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit