Anyone from Auburn, Ithaca or Owego, NY- USA?

by Rich1 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Rich1
    Rich1

Hi, this is my first post. I have been lurking for years on and off. I grew up in the troof in Auburn, NY then moved to Ithaca, NY with my wife in 1990. We then were at the Owego KH on and off in 1995-2000. I was hoping some of the members of this board might be friends that might have gotten out also. It would be fun to discuss the old pioneering days and reminisce about the characters at the various halls.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I am nearby, but not in those particular cities.

A poster named Sunspot is though.

welcome

• Namasti
    Namasti

Hey there,

Did you know a Lucy and Tom Guther? They were at bethel for a long while and lived in Owego for a long time. Tom was an Elder there. This is so interesting. Please let me know as soon as you can. I am a close relative of theirs.

Namasti

• Rich1
    Rich1

Hi Namasti,

Yes we knew Tom & Lucy very well. They lived near us and we had dinner at each others houses. Tom also worked in another dept. at the same College I worked at. We enjoyed each others company more on a social level than a spiritual one. We kinda drifted apart as we faded from the KH and eventually lost touch after we moved to Maryland.

• Namasti
    Namasti

Hi Rich1,

Just want you to know I sent a reply to your Inbox.

Namasti

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

east or west auburn? be more specific! lol :-) you have a message -silent (of the "likely to know you" class)

• Rich1
    Rich1

I used to go to Auburn West Congo from 1976 -1990. My name is Rich Asaro. Knew pretty much everyone there (or was related to) in both the East & West Sides. Tell me a little about you silentWatcher.

• JimWood
    JimWood

Type you later, check your PM

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Hey Rich, welcome. I'm a little north east of ya. Here in Upstate New York. Herkimer county area.

The Claw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit