Okay...boring but I just needed to Post A Topic...

by HadEnuf 8 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Quote from "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" (appropriate for all practicing apostates).

"Although it can seem, at least initially, that you're giving up something by quitting, in the end you'll probably realize that, in reality, you're gaining more than you're giving up. You're getting back yourtime and your sanity--and what could be more important that that"?

Yeah...that's how we should all feel after being set free.

love...mumsy

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Good to hear from you Cathy - sorry I missed you this year in Wisconsin

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...stilla...that's so sweet. We really, REALLY missed you too. There wasn't anyone there to keep that Butt & Whyamihere in line!! We had counted on you to do that!

And thanks for being the lone person to reply to my pitiful topic.

ta ta...mumsy

• jgnat
    jgnat

Nice thought.

I'm reminded of the one time I dieted and stuck with it. It was one of those rare heroic events where I was able to rise above my natural sloth and lose some serious weight over a six month period. I got down to a size fourteen or so, and for the first time I was skinnier than my mom. Was she proud of me? Did she encourage me to stick with it? No.

She kept asking if I were anorexic, and plied all kinds of food on me when I visited. With sickening dread I realized my mom was not cheering my success but rather jealous that I had succeeded where she had failed. She'd rather I wallow around in failure with her, than to leave her alone in her own misery.

It's true, to move past the WT sickness is the best thing. There is joy in freedom. It's the ties that bind, family and friends, who would rather we sacrifice our happiness on the altar of their own dysfunction, that cause the most pain.

The bravest thing to do is to live large even when betrayed by those closest to us. As ex-JW's, you all have done that, and I applaud you.

• luna2
    luna2

It was good to get my time back...my sanity is taking a bit longer.

Good to see you here, Cathy!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Where ya' been? Haven't seen your posts for a while now - maybe I just missed being on the same time as you - Anyway, AINT FREEDOM GREAT?

Jeff

• lilybird
    lilybird

So true"Don't sweat the small stuff". I find that now my life is my own and not run by the org, its just important to be happy to enjoy every day. Even more so since, a good friend of ours was killed last week when she was thrown off the back of a motorcycle she was riding on. She was only 51. Makes me realize how we tend to take life so for granted, and we should stop worrying so much about how we got here,, why we are here and what happens to us in the afterlife,,, and live..

• morty
    morty

"Don't Sweat the Small Stuff"

Ya know, that is quote I use with other "teen moms".....

I use that quote very often, and it works for me...

btw, nice to see ya hadenuf.........

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    You're getting back yourtime and your sanity--and what could be more important that that"?

So true. Being out of the org for almost a year has given me both, as well as many other enjoyable things.

Good to see you Kathy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit