Why is the watchtower anonymously written

by headmath 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• headmath
    headmath

It seems that after rutherford's death that every WTS publication was anonymous. That was done to create a subconscious belief in the reader of divine authorship. The watchtower is written by the FDS and they are god's only channel of communication. God grips the pen of the FDS as they write the spiritual food consumed eagerly by the hungry JW masses. I'll bet you could make ground beef out of watchtower magazines as it is so rich and meaty

I've made myself hungry - off to buy a steak.

• VM44
    VM44

How could Rutherford justify signing his name as author to the books published by The Watchtower during the 1920's and 1930's while at the same time phasing in the anonynous publishing of article in the Watchtower magazine?

The answer is simple. The Jehovah's Witnesses were in reality Judge Joseph F. Rutherford's own personal religion with himself at its head running it, and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society was his own personal publishing company with himself as its president.

The articles published in the Watchtower were anonymously published because Rutherford was jealous of anyone else receiving attention for the published material.

--VM44

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Why is the watchtower anonymously written?

1. Each article is drafted and passed through each GB member on writing staff. It is changed and smoothed out to conform to current policy and teachings.........Less legal hassel that way!

2. Also, no one person is held above another as being better than so & so. This avoids a lot of problems and lofty attitudes. LOL

• restrangled
    restrangled

I don't think anyone in Bethal wants to be held responsible for for that crap...in case some new light comes along.

r.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Would you sign your name as an author to any Watchtower publication?

Me either. I'm stupid... but not that stupid.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

For the same reason Port-a-Potty drawings are anonymous.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

i would guess that so nobody has to put their name to anything and accept responsibilty if proven wrong....if this did happen powers that be could pick a fall guy of their choosing to blame it on...get rid of him and carry on white as snow.

jst my opinion though.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

i would guess that so nobody has to put their name to anything and accept responsibilty if proven wrong....if this did happen powers that be could pick a fall guy of their choosing to blame it on...get rid of him and carry on white as snow.

jst my opinion though.

Word. I'd feel bad if I had my name attached to some "old light" that ended up causing harm to people. Think about this: they really don't bother to add a bibliography for their books, so removing the byline doesn't strike me as too odd. Plus the fact, as pointed out, that the person can't be made to feel that he or she is any better than someone else. The torturous prose sounds the same in the end, so I guess having a byline doesn't matter.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Witness Reasons

1. So that no glory is given to one man or individual

2. Because it is not like worldly magazines

3. Because it could cause controversy if people started to favor one authors writing over another, and people might not read important information.

Real Reasons

1. Less accountability, can always say you do not know who wrote that.

2. Give people the impression that, much like the Bible, it is all one author and these are the same Spiritual Author.

3. Control! You can not question people, in person, whom you do not know wrote something.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Somehow it takes away a bit of the sense of awe when receiving words from the "Faithful Discreet Slave" only to find out his name is "Bob".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit