Hi i am new

by rolling rock 25 Replies latest jw friends

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Hay all I am new and, just wanted to say hi...

And ask a question... How would I go about talking to my fokes about all the new "truths" that I have learned in the last few months?

Chad inactive jw for 9 years now...

thanks

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Ask them a "Did you know..." question. Like "Did you know that JF Rutherford wrote a letter to Adolf Hitler?" and then feed them information very, very slowly.

Or the "I heard..." is good. Say that you "heard that the Watchtower made court action in behalf of Jimmy Swaggart Ministries".

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Have someone with a soothing voice read Crisis of Conscience into a tape recorder. Then play the tapes while your folks are sleeping.

Seriously, I think you honestly know that answer better than any of us. Some respond to bald facts, and can handle it being presented bluntly. Others have to be tricked into even considering anything that originates with "apostates." For some people, the timing just isn't right, and nothing will convince them; they'll actively trick themselves into excusing the WT's actions/teachings/mistakes/etc... You know your folks, but don't be surprised at how vehemently people will hold on to their cherished beliefs, and don't give up on them.

hmmm

• sf
    sf

"Have someone with a soothing voice read Crisis of Conscience into a tape recorder."

I totally volunteer my services here. I have the book right here at my work station and I am wired for sound over on yahoo messenger ("wturls") and all I need you to do is record me reading the book over the mic. I would be honored!

sKally, www klass

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

I have good parents. thay love me and tell me that thay just want me to be happy...But as of late I dont like being around them because it makes me sad... To make this problem harder it's not just my fokes, it's my hole damn famley. Both sides all of them are jws(all of them) I come from along line of jws...

• larc
    larc

Hi rolling rock,

Just this evening I asked my wife to pick up a 6 pack of rolling rock beer. It is one of my favoritets. Welcome aboard.

Whatever subject you bring up, go slowly. Plant one seed of doubt at a time. You might want to go to the freeminds web site shown at the bottom of this page. It has a section there that may help you.

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

It looks like I've found a group of people I can hang with here. I was just thinking today that I should prepare a sleep learning tape for my Mom!!! LOL
    I just got done reading "Crisis Of Conscience" a couple of days ago. Wow! That book really cleared some things up for me :)
    God Bless

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Hi Rolling Rock a welcome to the board!

As far as telling your parents what you have learned, you have to be very careful. I presented a couple of things to my parents recently. I heard through the grapevine that they are telling people that I am crazy and have some wild ideas. What's so bad is that the only thing that I presented them with was the 607 BCE issue. I simply asked them to prove that Jerusalem's fall was that year, without using the WTS stuff. My mom said that she would, but she never did. And now I hear that I am insane. huh. LOL
    Anyway, just proceed with caution, and try to slip things in casually. Or say something like "You're not going to believe what someone told me the other day" and then it becomes someone elses idea's and not your own. Good luck, and once again, welcom to the board!

Slayer

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Welcome to you too Reptile Mucas! Hey that sleep learning tape worked for me! My little brother doesn't know it but he's been listening to the audiobook "Crisis Of Conscience" every night for the last few months! And now he posts here! heh heh heh...Just kiddin little brother. (Or am I?)

Slayer

• Introspection
    Introspection

Hi Chad,

That's a really tricky question, because while you do want to open their eyes you certainly don't want them to get defensive and shut you out, they have stay open or else it's no good in the long run. There is this one guy locally who I am trying to reach ever so gently, but then my approach is rather different.. Personally, I hope to emphasize self-evident truths any reasonable person would agree with as a contrast to what he is no doubt being drilled with at the meetings five times a week. I suppose for me it's a matter of trying to get them to come to certain conclusions so it wouldn't just be a matter of me saying so. It really depends on your folks and your relationship with them though. In any case, being on this board will no doubt give you some ideas. Welcome.

Mark

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit