What's the deal with beards????

by bittersweet 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Gordy
    Gordy

Many years ago I recall an Elder telling a brother, who had grown a goatee while on holiday. That under no circumstances would he be allowed any privileges in the congregation, or that he would be allowed to partner anyone in field service as long as he had the beard. This was said loudly enough for all to hear. Strangely the Elder, who I had known a long time, was usually the most placid and kind person. Also the brother being told off for having the beard became a real Watchtower Elder you would want to meet.

On the same subject. A friend of mine who loves to engage JW's in conversaton when he sees them was talking to one, about a month ago. It was a JW in his 50's he reckoned. He said as he spoke to him he kept thinking something was wrong. It wasn't until a few minutes after the JW left that he realised what it was the JW had a BEARD!! Since then he has been on the look out for this JW to ask him about it and how come he had one.

Addition: I just recalled when I attended a Kingdom Ministry School for Elders and Ministerial Servants one year. There were two Elders there with beards. I remember us Min Servants talking about it, we couldn't understand it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit