SCANDALS INVOLVING ELDERS

by badboy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

We had a creepy elder who was beating his wife. Their kids felt her life was in danger so had her removed from his control. He killed himself. Pretty big scandal at the time.

• dido
    dido

I know loads, but the best one is this, father and son were elders, father gets leukemia, and son goes around the cong asking all the vulnerable ones for money for his treatment, ie: elderly, which was unnecessary as he got it free on the national health. Well prior to that he had been to America and met his new wife, who thought he was her Prince Charming, and had loads of money. So he had to live up to this, so he took her all around England staying at Stately homes, (owned by royalty etc.) so thats why he used the so-called `sick money`. He was the Secretary at the time, and had access to the accounts, so helped himself to 30 grand. they discovered the loss when they went to use the money for a build. Anyway, he got d/f but doesn`t get taken to court, because he agrees to pay back out of his monthly wages, (protect j`s name and all that). Meantime it is also discovered he is an alcoholic, so a lot of money was spent on that as well, while he was still an elder. Then his wife caught him in bed with their daughter of about 8, but he was never d/f for that, instead he got reinstated! I know because i was in the congs where it happened, and knew his wife very well, and she told me eveything. There were also another elder in the cong who had sexually abused his 16 year old daughter, and was only made to step down, incidentally, he was a teacher, and taught kids in his house! I could go on and on about all the cases that i knew in different congs over 25 years.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Here's an elder who killed a girl while police say was driving drunk.

I'm not sure if he is still an elder or not.

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:lHBa3mhTpykJ:www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14336845/+david+pleake+car+accident&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2

• badboy
    badboy

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES!

• badboy
    badboy

I SEE THERE WAS A SCANDAL INVOLVING AN ELDER IN CANADA.

WAYNE CAIRNS?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit