son selling magazines

by Champion 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Champion
    Champion

Hi everyone, haven't posted in a very long time. Some may remember my post about my brother-in-law with cancer. He passed away at 52 on Labor Day, so sad for my husband.

Anyway I thought only the people here could understand this and shake their heads.

My 11 yr old son is selling magazine for school drive. We usually just buy them ourself, but he really, really wanted to try and sell them to people on his own. He took my phone book and called all our family. Everyone said sure I need a new subscription or what have you, EXCEPT my JW brother. He says to my son no thanks , but I have some magazines for you and laughs! My son just looked so dejected. Meanwhile, he proceeds to tell me he and his wife and another couple are on there way upstate NY to help out where the need is great for the week. Yea right take off from work, go free load off some witlesses, but don't buy a $12.00 subscription from your nephew.

I

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Tight-wad. Still, a fine witness for your son who won't forget.

• bubble
    bubble

Some jw's are so self centred. They really don't care about anything not connected with their precious religion.

Urrrgggg! This story made me so angry and so sorry for your son.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is a tight jerk, for a small contribution he could have boosted the child's morale but such is the WTS as a collective a very anal hoarding lot.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

This is what I do for some Over rightous Jdubs in my family, next time your at your local mini mart go over to the newspaper rack and look for playboy, Hustler, or any other Non-bethel magazines and tear off the suscription post card and fill out one for your brother, make sure and put his full name on there. they will send it to him for a couple months and then automatically cancel him when he doesn't pay the bill, but it usually takes 3 months.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

If the guy has $12 to spare, the wts would want it, they wouldn't be happy with him spending it on "worldly" goods.

Seriously jws are so tight generally, so what happened with your son saddens, but doesn't surprise me.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    This is what I do for some Over rightous Jdubs in my family, next time your at your local mini mart go over to the newspaper rack and look for playboy, Hustler, or any other Non-bethel magazines and tear off the suscription post card and fill out one for your brother, make sure and put his full name on there. they will send it to him for a couple months and then automatically cancel him when he doesn't pay the bill, but it usually takes 3 months

Or, better still:

Fill out those cards, with the right name on the card, BUT "accidentally" put in the address for the next door neighbors!

What a fine witness it will be for their neighbors to be "accidentally" receiving their copies of "Barely Legal" or "Hefty Mamas"!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

don't forget chicks with dicks, over 70 and poop shoot

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The Watertower society is your brothers hobby. His nephew has been displaced.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit