Why are JWs scared of death?

by NikL 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Undine,

Thank you for sharing your feelings with us. Most of us have been through the same thing and the thousands of lurkers here are no doubt nodding their heads as they read what you had to say.

BTW, to make HTML tags work here, use the straight brackets, instead of the angle brackets: [ and /], and if you want post a link, put it on its own separate line with any printing character in front of it, first. If you forget to put a character or characters in front of it, it will show, but won't be clickable.

Like,

. http://watchtower.org

Oooops! Shitty link! Sorry!

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I hope like hell there is life after death, because there are sure a few people I want to haunt! (hehe-would that make me a demon??)

Seriously, I used to be terrified of death. Thinking that one day, you will simply NOT BE HERE, is enough to make you crazy. Then I read this, thought about it a lot, and have come to agree......

"Perhaps the best cure for the fear of death is to reflect that life has a beginning as well as an end. There was a time when we were not; that gives us no concern-why then should it trouble us that a time will come when we shall cease to be? I have no wish to be alive a hundred years ago, why should I regret and lay to so much to heart that I shall not be here a hundred years hence?"

William Hazlitt

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit