Has anyone seen The Wicker Man?

by dobbie 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• dobbie
  • badboy
    badboy

WHAT/WHO IS TH?

• dobbie
    dobbie

I saw this film was due to be released in UK 1st September and couldn't wait cos i loved the original film and i LOVE Nicholas Cage i think hes got a gorgeous accent, anyway i digress, i saw it advertised for 3 morning showings at our local Odeon but could'nt go so waited to see if it was on the following week at nighttime and since then they have not shown it at all!Has the film been a big flop or something only i was really looking forward to seeing it, i can't understand why they advertised it for ages and then only showed it 3 times, other films like Pirates of Carribbean has been going on for weeks.Is it worth buying when it comes out on DVD?Cheers

• dobbie
    dobbie

Sorry knew i'd muck it up am half asleep!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I saw it in the theater, and I was a little disappointed at the ending. But then, I never saw the original.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I was going to see it, I love Nick Cage But the people leaving the theatre looked so dissapointed I didn't go in. LOL!

• Simon
    Simon

The original was good - voted one of the top cult films of all time

It was a slightly disturbing story (esp. the ending!) ... details here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wicker_Man

• dobbie
    dobbie

Yes i loved the first version shame its not on tv often looks like will have to wait for the new one to come out on dvd - nicholas cage is much nicer on the eye than edward woodward!

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I've seen the original, it is an interesting contrast between conservatism Christianity, and liberal Paganism. Amazon has many reviews for both the current film (unfortunately not well liked), and the original (liked fairly well).

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

The original was a great film although not sure whether the new remake would be an improvement.

It is rather disturbing in parts but I enjoyed it.

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit