Overheard at the S.A.D.: Only Witnesses Understand Eph. 5:28-33

by under_believer 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

JWs are such liars. This reading was done in all Catholic churches on Sunday August 27 2006.

W

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    28 In this way husbands ought to be loving their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself, 29 for no man ever hated his own flesh; but he feeds and cherishes it, as the Christ also does the congregation,

Considering the shoddy way the GB, the spokesmen for Jesus, treats the R&F, it only follows that the husbands treat their wives in the shoddy manner so many of the x-dub wives testify to.

I hope that makes sense.

• Iforget
    Iforget

OMG I about died when I read this thread. This past Sunday morning 9/24 I was in my RCIA classes at our Catholic Church. It's 6 months work of classes toward conversion to Catholisim.

SO what kills me is that the Theologeion they brought in to talk to us read this EXACT scripture. He was discussing it more in reference to the fact that Christ loves us and he loves the Church. So we need to get in touch with that brother and tell him he is full of crap.

I was really drifting off in classes thinking about how much education the gentleman speaking had at age 35 compared to Elders, DO, CO's. The bullshit they spout from the platform is so uneducated and misguided. This man has his PHD in religion and was just really great to listen to.

And what I also noticed was how nice it was to have someone speak and educate from the bible (yep it was a Catholic setting and they used the bible!) on a level that was interesting and informative.

• Pwyrdan
    Pwyrdan

About the second part - what's really sad: though plenty of kids probably secretly thought Disney World is far better as a vacation, you know there are a lot who are just as brainwashed as their parents and are torn on what they would pick because they would want to do the "right thing." I was one, as a child, and I've known plenty, most of them really mentally unstable. Not all of the kids are proof against their tactics.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Sooo, for those of us in the dark here, could you explain the WT understanding v. the "worldly" understanding of this scripture? -K

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Sooo, for those of us in the dark here, could you explain the WT understanding v. the "worldly" understanding of this scripture? -K

First we need to define which watchtower perspective you want to consider the scripture from. Major or minor? Typical or anti-typical? Old light or new light? This could become a very warped discussion. W

• Kudra
    Kudra

OK... describe the "worldly" (biblical) understanding and then list all the variable WT understanding...s.

-K

...too weird. just the fact that there are so many wt "understandings" should be a red flag to the dubbers. what ever happened to being as unvarying as the turn of a shadow -or whatever the f that scripture is...?

• heathen
    heathen

Yah we know , nobody understands anything in the bible without the WTBTS spin . We so blind here ................ we didn't get the 3rd grade edjumication the society has .......................

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

WASA that made me laugh, good one

BM

• restrangled
    restrangled

Oh aren't they special!

I bet the kids were screaming bloody murder the whole time.

The WBTS over Disney .....yep I'm gonna buy that. Or maybe I will knowing they were probably beat into submission.

As far has husbands loving their wives because they love themselves. B. FkN S. I saw many women beat by their husbands in this orginization. I saw bruises that covered their backs or shoulders,......never the face mind you.

When elders were brought in the question always was, "What did you do to make him beat you."

This subject really gets me furious. I saw too much.

ARGGGGG!

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit