I wish every witness would seek the truth

by megsmomma 7 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

As I have been reading different posts here, I can see that it is a huge factor that the JW's are just so in the dark as to what the org. actually does and teaches. I had thought my experience was unique....but I can tell that it is not so. I was in the org for 12 years. I had lots of Bible studies and felt like I had "made the truth my own". I always had felt guilty for leaving, and was still in that mind set untill a few months ago. I had just had my daughter and my mom (who is still a JW and hadn't talked to me for several years) came to visit me. (well...came to see my daughter) She was laying it on thick, telling me how I know the truth and my family was going to die at Armegeddon if I did not do something about it. I believed her too....and I told my husband that it was bothering me that I felt like I knew that we were all going to die, and I felt guilty since I wasn't doing anything about knowing this. He realized and told me..."You're STILL a JW!!" I was like...."no way....I am disfellowshipped! How can I be a JW?" But...I realized I still thought the JWs were telling the "truth", so I decieded I would REALLY make the truth my own and started my search. I spent MANY hours a day looking at things on the "official JW web site" and comparing it to the Bible....and then I started looking at various sites that uncovered a-lot of things I never knew about the org. I was shocked as I saw more and more proof that there was no way the JW's were the "one true religion", like I had been told. It was about a week into my researching when I actually recieved Holy Spirit........and knew that the Bible was right...If you seek, you will find. Now I just pray that all JW's who have the right heart actually start seeking. I know it is only God that can help them....but I try to be his tool and plant little seeds in all the people I can.(including my 8 yr old daughter being raised as a JW) When I had done all the research....I told my mom....who you would think would be happy since I did make the truth my own....but of course she was actually FURIOS....because I did not come to THEIR conclusion...so I am officially dis-owned again....and probably labled as apostate now.

As a side note....I looked up the meaning of apostate and was actually surprised at the meanoing of the word. I though it meant you were against God...or something horrible like that...But all it means is you are no longer for a religion, or a political party, or any group any longer, and you will speak out against it. Hey...I can do that! I am proud to be an APOSTATE of JW's!

• unique1
    unique1

GOOD FOR YOU!!!

I too wish they would do some research into the religion. Some are so brainwashed/scared/comfortable, they just never will.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good to hear that you firmly convinced yourself thru study. I had to convince myself that JWs

don't have the truth by studying only WT material, looking for answers but getting more questions.

After years of spare-time searching, fully convinced that JW are wrong, I finally went to the internet.

It could have saved me lots of wasted hours in study. All the arguments were there to be found, and

many issues I never heard about. I found Ray Franz' book, thanks to freeminds.org. That inspired

me to take more action about leaving JW. I am in the process now.

I hope you can find support/advice about how to help your family. I may need the same soon.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Congratulations!

This is an all consuming task at first-searching. But I agree with you that the holy spirit lets you read the bible in a way you were never allowed to before. As truly applying to you instead of an elite class. I still find it hard to swallow, find myself reverting at times to jw beliefs and try to fight that. God is patient with us. It is hard to accept his love when we feel so down. Thats why i love to read others experiences like yours. Keep planting those little seeds with your daughter!

Kitten Whiskers (hugs)

• sspo
    sspo

Most will never research the religion because they feel they have the truth and they have blind faith in the GB.

I tried with family member to enlighten them and I was turned in to the elders for "apostacy"

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

For OnTheWayOut.....the best advise I can give to you on getting out is PRAY! The feeling I had when I really let God do the guiding is AMAZING.....and he led me to find the "proper food at the proper time"! LOL.....all those Bible quotes are true.....just in different ways than you think!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks megsmomma. I will pray.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I wish every jw would learn to think for themselves, and really examine the wts teachings, like I did. If that happened I think there would be a mass exodus, bigger than we are seeing now. With the passage of time, and no new system, it might just happen, but maybe not just yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit