Why has the 'Creation' book fallen out of favour with the WTBTS!!!

by Gill 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

This is the most recent WT publication on creation/evolution. The WTS tactic is to stop printing any older publications on the topic. For example, the Your Will Be Done Book from 1958 was the most recent information on the Daniel book until the Daniel Prophecy book came out in 1999. Up until then that book was available through literature and was on the WT-CD. After the DP book came out, they stopped any new printing the the Your Will Be Done book and dropped it from the CD.

1998, Is There a Creator Who Cares About You?

The one previous was

1985, Life?How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?

So far this is still on the WT-CD. It will be interesting when it is eventually dropped.

I wonder if the author of the review of the 1985 book could do one on the 1998 version?

Blondie

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Leolaia,

I don't know if you read Barbara Anderson's recent submission about life in Bethel, but she states that much that was written under Harry Peloyan's "name" was actually delegated to others unofficially. Well she says she thinks that may have been true of the Creation book also.

Slim

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Hmmm, the word probably hasn't reached every JW....because when I received my DA call, I said to the elder that I didn't beleive in the Bible's account of creation anymore, and asked how they explained the fossils and human remains from millions of years. And the only thing he could come up with was..."Well, you know, we have a book that explains all that, would you like me to bring it to you."

How weird, and he knew me since I was a kid, he knew I studied the thing countless times. So I started to tell him about the book being dishonest, and he asked me for proves, but wouldn't accept anything from the Internet.pfff.

The only consolation, is that he resigned as an elder soon after that.

• VM44
    VM44

"...if you read Barbara Anderson's recent submission about life in Bethel,.."

Do you have a link to this? Sounds very interesting.

--VM44

• AlanF
    AlanF

Gill, I'm not aware that the 1985 Creation book has fallen out of favor with JWs generally or the Society. Why would anyone think that?

I believe it was within the last year or two that they had yet another campaign to distribute the book. Someone with the latest WT-CDROM might look this up in the KM section.

Blondie, I've done a short and not comprehensive "Book review of Is There a Creator Who Cares About You?" ( http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/book-review-of-is-there-creator-who.html ).

VM44, here you go: http://www.freeminds.org/women/barbdiscovery.htm

AlanF

• VM44
    VM44

Thanks AlanF for the link.

JanH, who used to post here, also wrote a two part review of the Creation book.

http://www.geocities.com/towerscans/creat1.htm

http://www.geocities.com/towerscans/creat2.htm

These links are only temporary. So save these files now if you want to keep them.

--VM44

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Alan - A lot of books have been studied, re studied and studied to insanity by the WTBTS in the groups. But as far as I'm aware, the Creation book has been 'done' once.

Perhaps, if they have had a campaign, they're trying to move 'old stocks'.

Don't they have a 'Creation/Evolution' pamphlet/booklet thing now? I see that advertised a lot but not the older blue book.

• blondie
    blondie

The Creator book (ct) that came out in 1998 was when many older JWs found out that a creative day was no longer 7,000 years long in the WT doctrine.

ctchap.6p.93AnAncientCreationRecord?CanYouTrustIt?***

The fact is, the Bible reveals that the creative "days," or ages, encompass thousands of years.

Thanks, AlanF, for that URL discussing this update of WT evolution/creation doctrine. I knew you must have done something.

Reference is made to the 1985 book though as late as 2005:

km1/05p.4SuggestedFieldServicePresentations ***

Life?How

Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?

"All of us are concerned with the crime and violence in our area. Do you feel that anyone has a real solution to the problem? [Allow for response.] God has a solution." Turn to page 196; read and comment on Proverbs 2:21, 22 in paragraph 19. Show the title of chapter 16, and offer the book.
    Open to page 6, and say: "Many people think that our beautiful earth and life upon it resulted from an accident. What do you consider to be a reasonable explanation as to how all of this came about? [Allow for response.] Mountains of evidence confirm the Bible?s account of a Creator who is very powerful and who loves us very much. He is the true God, and his name is Jehovah." Read Psalm 83:18, and briefly explain how it is his purpose to transform the entire earth into a paradise.

w054/1p.6ScienceandtheBible?DoTheyReallyContradictEachOther?***

For an in-depth discussion on this topic, see chapter 15, "Why Do Many Accept Evolution?" in the book Life?HowDidItGetHere?ByEvolutionorbyCreation? published by Jehovah?s Witnesses.

w048/15Mexico?sIndigenousPeoplesHeartheGoodNews ***

[Footnote]

Life?How
    DidItGetHere?ByEvolutionorbyCreation? published in 1985 by Jehovah?s Witnesses.

g033/8p.6AmazingSensesintheAnimalWorld***

Readers interested in the question of evolution versus intelligent design are invited to read the book Life?HowDidItGetHere?ByEvolutionorbyCreation?, published by Jehovah?s Witnesses.

Question booklets for the 1998 Creator book were shipped in November 2000 automatically.

km10/00p.7Announcements***

Starting the week of February 5, 2001, the book IsThereaCreatorWhoCaresAboutYou? will be considered at the Congregation Book Study. Congregations needing a supply of these books should request them on their next monthly literature request. Beginning in November 2000, question booklets for use with the Creator book will automatically be included with literature shipments.

Blondie

• AlanF
    AlanF

I don't know about a pamphlet/booklet, Gill. All I know about is the latest Awake! (Sept) on evolution, and the 1998 Creator book.

AlanF

• blondie
    blondie

The pamphlet was the question booklet for the Creator book (1998) that came out in 2000.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit