The Case of C.J. Woodowrth and Demon Possession

by RR 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• RR
    RR
    RR question: Do you still have a library of WT publications? You appear to have a large substantial collection of the older publication(ex. scanning Convention Reports 1904 - 1919). Just curious , that's all.

Yep. I have just about everything, everything major that is. I would say about 85%, the 15% would be those items released AFTER I left. And mostly just the Mags and KM's, although I have the CD ROm, that keeps me up to date. I even have scans of the original Zion's Watch Towers from 1879 - 1916 (Not Reprints) RR

• Sobeit
    Sobeit

James Woodworth's daughter has a fascinating pedigree:

http://worldconnect.rootweb.com

Type in Clayton Woodworth's name.

• Sobeit
    Sobeit

Mention of the use of radio by the Watchtower Society brought back memories of Cleveland in the early 1930s when the Society owned a radio station (I believe it was WHK). When the station was sold, some of the witnesses either stayed with the new owners or got work in other stations. Now wondering if James Woodworth was working for the Society's radio station then.

When the WTBS no longer were on the air, it seems shortly after we were hauling a phonograph player door-to-door with Judge Rutherford's speeches.

BTW: How many cities did the WTBS have stations or broadcast from?

• freetosee
    freetosee

THX RR!

fts

• VM44
    VM44

How would one characterize the personality of C.J. Woodworth?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit