original sin and evolution creationists

by BlackSwan of Memphis 36 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

The question was raised about "the moral code" and about how such a thing could possibly evolve. In his latest book, The God Delusion, Richard Dawkins takes a good stab at it. Also, the recent book Moral Minds: How Nature Designed Our Universal Sense of Right and Wrong (Marc D. Hauser, Harper Collins, 2006) goes into the question in detail.

Before rejecting the ideas set forth by these authors (others have also written on this topic) it would be good for creationists to read them.

AlanF

• TopHat
    TopHat

Before rejecting the ideas set forth by these authors (others have also written on this topic) it would be good for creationists to read them.

AlanF

Like an exJW reading the Watchtower......and believing every word.

• moshe
    moshe

Questions like this can be troubling to a thinking person. Much like the crisis a JW goes though when he figures out that the WT is a fraud.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    I mis-read the title as a typo, I thought 'evolution creationists' was supposed to mean something like 'evolutionists/creationists'. Having re-read the OP I can see what 'evolution creationists' is intended to mean. Apologies to BlackSwan for taking the thread off-topic.

No worries! This thread has still been very interesting to read.

I feel bad I haven't said much, but I haven't known what to say, just reading the comments from everyone has kept me thinking and wondering.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>Before rejecting the ideas set forth by these authors (others have also written on this topic) it would be good for creationists to read them.

>>Like an exJW reading the Watchtower......and believing every word.

I disagree. I think it's more like a JW finally reading some "apostate" writings and doing his own reasoning on it, rather than believing what he believes because he believes it.

Dave

• AlanF
    AlanF

Top Hat said:

:: Before rejecting the ideas set forth by these authors (others have also written on this topic) it would be good for creationists to read them.

: Like an exJW reading the Watchtower......and believing every word.

What an idiotic comparison. What solid scientific material have you read, Top Hat, about evolution and about the various topics covered by Dawkins, Hauser and others? If you can't list several, then your creationist agenda, along with your prejudices, will be revealed. If you've read any such, upon what basis do you reject the reasoning? Give clear examples and cite references. Of course, non-creationist readers know up front that you can't.

You're yet another irritating, arrogant and supremely ignorant creationist who is virtually a stereotype, and so readers already know pretty much what your responses will be.

Your comparison is extremely stupid for the following reason: Ex-JWs who quit the JW cult for solid reasons usually can clearly describe exactly what it was about the JW cult that turned them off to it. They can cite chapter and verse in Watchtower publications, along with personal experiences, to back up their reasoning. You can't do the same with the two book references I've cited, or anything similar. Your lack of reasoned response will prove it.

AlanF

• TopHat
    TopHat

You're yet another irritating, arrogant and supremely ignorant creationist who is virtually a stereotype, and so readers already know pretty much what your responses will be.

Look in the mirror Alan, talking about arrogant! I gave you many reasons why I believe in creation...you refuse to except them.

You want me to say Yes Alan yes yes yes.... I say, No Alan no no no...so let's leave at that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit