If you were disfellowshipped would you become an active opposer?

by yesidid 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Nicator
    Nicator

I've my doubts about the effectiveness of such a course. For every JW that is spurred into free thought by outright assaults, there are 10 who are solidified by the opposition (Gen. 3:15, Satan's organization, et al). The organization uses outright opposition to bolster its claims.

Time and apathy are the cancers that truly deteriorate the organization.

I've been getting notes in my door and more visits recently. If the time comes that I'm given an ultimatum, I will respond vigorously, but with individuals (not an entire organization) in mind, and with devastatingly kind words.

• dido
    dido

I was d/f 5 years ago, and suffered in silence for 4 of those, as hadn`t had any contact with any ex`s and hadn`t been on the net. Since a year ago i have found out so much info about the jw cult that i cannot keep quiet, like when you first get `the truth` you go around telling everyone, (what was that about?), well, i feel the same way since i found out the truth about the `truth`, i feel more reponsibility to help others to know what they could get into, how it could damage their lives. If everyone agreed on a campaign on here, i would get involved. A few years ago, an ex elder bro` in law of mine actually did do a protest outside London MillHill bethel, he had a banner saying about the unborn children that were going to be destroyed at Armagheddon, he felt strongly about it, and so was d/f. He was a professor of mathematics at Reading University, and was responsible for my getting involved in the org., but i forgave him, as he thought he was doing good at the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit