Are All the Governing Body Really Old Farts?

by frankiespeakin 20 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I don't know they all must be pretty old and really set in there ways, especially with all the yes men they surround themselves with you know those GBWanabees at bethel,

I would say that all those GBWanabees at bethel must be pretty wierd too.

Are(all) right,, what i wanna know is,, are there any younger men on the body so they don't all go senile at once? Ya think they kinda coulda ben a little more cautous.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am (was) a friend of Geoff Jackson and he is not an old fart. He is in his 50s, has a wicked sense of humor, and is very intelligent. One of his childhood peers was highly offended when Geoff got promoted to GB, as he found his continual jesting to be offensive.

Of course one has to wonder how a fun guy like Geoff could believe such garbage as presented in the Watchtower. Is it years of indoctrination? I personally hope he 'pretended' to be born again in an attempt to get onto the GB, so as to try to change the course of the WTS, but am probably just kidding myself.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Anthony Morris is also in his 50s. Garrett Losch, I believe is in his early 60s, and David Splane is in his early to mid 60s.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

O good just what they need more old guys set in there ways. They really should pic some of these eager chompping at the bite, 30 something year olds. That would be a very good organizational move, instead of getting those near retirement age. When you get old you need to retire and enjoy what short little life you have left.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

What do you think? How many have hardening of the arteries leading to the brain? They need some young thinkers with lot of imagination not some old farts that can hardly see striaght.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yeah I know a guy can be cool in his fifties but after a few years on being on the GB you gotta get braindead pretty fucking quick, so that they would only be effective for a couple of years.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    They really should pic some of these eager chompping at the bite, 30 something year olds.

There aren't any "annointed" brothers who are that young.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin
    There aren't any "annointed" brothers who are that young.

They can remidy that right away by proclaiming that jesus is picking younger annointed for some reason and that we shouldn't be critical of these younger annointed ones, and blam problem solved, you'd have young annointeds everywhere you turn, could even make it a fad, by haveing a couple of special WT studies on How Jehovah is speeding up the work and so that's why lots of young ones are going to the elders to find out if they are annointed.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They introduced some younger members to be sure that there will be some people around that have a fully functional mind, the rest are too old to be always reliable in this way. But I can't see how anyone can change the WTS as there are no doubt many other unknown forces operating in its various sectors with the GB having total authority only on doctrinal issues.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think guys like Ted J need to be put out to pasture get some young whipper snapper(30's) to take his place, and build a little retirement farm in San Diego for all the old crownies on the GB who are too old to even remember each others names, let alone vote on matters as important as running the Organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit