Elderly JW refused to open her Bible...

by AuldSoul 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

"Oh, no ... no I don't think there will be any need to open the Bible with you."

WHATAJOKE!! I am SO gald you told it like it is! I'm sure she went straight home and called the elders!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

They are SO......BRAINWASHED!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

AuldSoul: I asked, "May I borrow your Bible for a second?"

Her response is not surprising since you wanted to use HER bible. I remember being told by an elder never to let anyone in the field use my bible. Something about passing along demons, etc. Dubs are pretty protective of their bibles when out in the ministry and see red if a worldly person asks to borrow it.

I remember once I was at a door and the householder came out and asked to "borrow" my Bible. I refused and he grabbed it out of my hands and threw it out into his front yard and then slammed his door. I was really shaken. But then I entered the typical dub martyr/persecution thinking and felt like I was growing a halo over my head. Felt so honoured that satan decided to test little old me that day.

tall penguin

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

apostate kate said;

The eldest of the men started shaking and demanded that I not take that Bible out of my purse. I continued to do so and he said he was calling the police and knew the manager of the store. I said; "I thought you were here to tell people the good news of the Bible, yet you have no Bible here on the table. Do you really think that you have the right to be here trying to tell people the good news, and no one else is allowed to stand here and do the same?"

One of the others held him back and talked him down from trying to have me arrested. I assure you I was calm, polite, and respectful. i've had this happen to me many times, jw's working a table , or train station etc. i come up with a bible, and they tell me to leave. i tell them to drop dead, i can stand here and preach . just th e same as you. go ahead and call the police. are you trying to violate my civil rights. of freedom of speech.? a few times . they did call the police. and i stayed right there , till the police showed up. reading , preaching ,out loud from my bible. in most cases the police are mostly amused, and ask who was at this corner first. AND ASK YOU TO preach on the opposite corner. to auld souls question; yes the jw's hate to open their bible , if you show you know something. because , jw's do run into people more often than you think. that carry and know how to quote scripture. and they know they are going to be in for a fight, as what happened yesterday, 2 pioneers pushing that new craptower . titled "are we living in the last days." i wasted no time asking them when the last days started 1776, 1799, 1844, 1874, 1914, 539 b.c. etc. they paniced as they were trying to peddle their pre recorded lines. to these 2 young men. when i said let's see what the bible says . the jw interjected asking me what's my name. (trying to side track me) i asked her can you read.? my name is on my uniform clear as day. and pointed to my name tag. NOW BACK TO THE QUESTION . ABOUT THE LAST DAYS. as per the DOPE your peddling . to these 2 young men. can you show these young men the last days started in 1`914? from this kjv bible i had in my hand? they said they were talk to the men and not to me. and then said something racial. that i was white and was trying to pursecute black people. i laughed and said now back to the bible. can you show these young men 1914 in my kjv. ( handing it to the jw) well it was like i was handing her a copy of COC. so i opened to heb. 1:2 and read out loud. " and now in these last days" and asked the jw's working these nice guys , SO ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE . THE LAST DAYS STARTED WHEN? HOW LONG AGO WAS THIS WRITTEN? 2000 YEARS AGO.,. RIGHT... here's my bible show these men 1914. they got so pissed off. i told these men see. all they are , zombies. they carry a heavy book bag. loaded with books and they are scared of the bible. the 2 pioneers walked away. bookbags up thier asses. and i gave the men a fast 2 minute. lesson on jw's . we laughed a bit . they knew i smoked the jw's . and handed me back the mag's the jw's placed with them . john

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Population of my home town is about 120,000. JW population is about 1,100. I knew the lady, she just didn't know me (I gained weight and acquired facial hair, such as it is).

She had current issues and she had a paperback NWT in her bookbag. She named my long deceased uncle and asked if I was related. She was a real JW. After asking if I could borrow her Bible I asked if she wuold look some Scriptures up for us. She still maintained there was no need to take her Bible out.

jayhawk,

At the time he said that, he was in a state a little lower than the angels. He did not have all authority in heaven and on earth and had not yet been restored to his former "glory" that he had alongside the Father when the earth was formed.

Hebrews 1:1-4
    God, who long ago spoke on many occasions and in many ways to our forefathers by means of the prophets, has at the end of these days spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things. He is the reflection of [his] glory and the exact representation of his very being, and he sustains all things by the word of his power; and after he had made a purification for our sins he sat down on the right hand of the Majesty in lofty places. So he has become better than the angels, to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs.
    Hebrews 2:5-9
    For it is not to angels that he has subjected the inhabited earth to come, about which we are speaking. But a certain witness has given proof somewhere, saying: ?What is man that you keep him in mind, or [the] son of man that you take care of him? You made him a little lower than angels; with glory and honor you crowned him, and appointed him over the works of your hands. All things you subjected under his feet.? For in that he subjected all things to him [God] left nothing that is not subject to him. Now, though, we do not yet see all things in subjection to him; but we behold Jesus, who has been made a little lower than angels, crowned with glory and honor for having suffered death, that he by God?s undeserved kindness might taste death for every [man].
    John 17:1-5
    Jesus spoke these things, and, raising his eyes to heaven, he said: ?Father, the hour has come; glorify your son, that your son may glorify you, according as you have given him authority over all flesh, that, as regards the whole [number] whom you have given him, he may give them everlasting life. This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. I have glorified you on the earth, having finished the work you have given me to do. So now you, Father, glorify me alongside yourself with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was.

Quotes from the NWT.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit