I'm being hunted by an elder - would this work?

by serendipity 23 Replies latest jw friends

• aniron
    aniron
    If he mentions anything to you, like the nauseating "We've missed you..." followed by a long pause waiting for you to explain your absence, just respond in turn "Yeah, I've missed you all too." (May not be sincere, but neither is their nosy "We've missed you" polite interrogation tactic.)

If he says "We've missed you.."

Give him a smile and say "Really, how sweet. You should have come round sometime."

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

if i was you . i wouldn't take my daughter to the hall. they have already guilted her into wanting to go back. just by knocking on the door. it's all by design. i would also tell your daughter she's not to talk to elders without you around . with means never. i think it's time for you to put your foot down . and if they keep coming around . and bother either you or your underage daughtrer you will call the police and end the game once and for all. john

• serendipity
    serendipity

The third time's the charm. Elder Z and associate came around again. I decided to take the bull by the horns. I opened the door, had a brief conversation with him, gave him one of my reasons for my absence and thanked him for his time. It was no big deal, and now I hope I don't have to worry about being bothered anymore. (No, I didn't da.) We shall see....

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

good work. standing up to him and giving him a reason or 2 why your not going. he just may have learned something. if he keeps coming around i would let him know he's now harrassing you. john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit