What are you doing aside from talking?

by Sparkplug 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I've done a wide variety of things on the topics of sexual abuse or cults: my website, public speaking on cults, a video on cults/JWs, posting here as well as in the media, journals and newspapers and also done TV and radio. I've also participating in a letter writing campaign to politicians re the WTS and the pedophilia issue. And I worked for many years as an abuse counselor

My public speaking days are over I think (due to health reasons) But I'm working on an autobiography so who knows what the future might bring my way..

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I don't think becoming an ex-JW requires a person to get politically active.

Blondie...Neither do I. Actually I think they might do best to sit back and observe for a bit. Seeing we sometimes don't know what we think we know. You know this JW I work with does all of that stuff. United way etc. I can't figure it out and I just don't get it. She goes to school too and she is the worst about racist comments. But(BUT) it is good to see her volunteering.

Ladie Lee- I have observed how wonderful you are. You do so much for people here. It is very much appreciated. I for one am especially grateful for your much needed words that have helped me at times. Thank you

You know and thank you Blondie. I see that you do the same (with a lot of reasoning) Admirable.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Do we have any Ghandi's amongst us?

Nooooo... But maybe a jesus... LOL..

alt

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

OFG- I just crapped up my keyboard. although I have seen that shot a few times, It still is funny as hell.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

In the past, I've marched in Gay Pride parades with the Unitarian church I attended, to get the welcoming message out. I also assisted at the Gay Prom in Hayward, California for several years.

I still donate to assorted charities from time to time, but I haven't done any charitable or activist stuff lately, because I'm busy with starting a new business - which itself is a kind of social-service thing, one soul at a time.

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit