"Leaving the Truth" The Easy Way

by metatron 26 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

How about taking the little "Blue Pill" and having some fun.

• mama1119
    mama1119

How about decorating your house for Christmas. You won't last too long after that. Or go trick or treating at known JW door.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Sounds like some good advice.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

We haven't been to a meeting in over a year. The elders stopped by a couple of times to see how we were, to tell us that they missed us, blah, blah, blah. Then we moved again about 20 miles away. So now they are not sure where we live. Also, when we moved we couldn't take our old phone number so they don't even have that. Life has been great. I use to dread Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, not they are just another day. What a great feeling!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Write to your old Cong asking them to send your records to your new congregation, giving the correct names, but addressed to a Box number where you can collect them.

With a bit of luck they won't check the address. Your new cong. wont be expecting to receive them if you have told them you are just visiting.

Cheers

Chris

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Neat and succinct list! All good advice, and you know what... that list is pretty danged similar to my experience, and yes, it worked for me.

Thanks for the post. Also good advice from "V" regarding fading from the afternoon bookstudy group.

Cheers to all
    Baba.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dearly Departed,

I think I clicked onto this thread from another site and now I'm replying. Like many others, I am in the non-Catholic version of Limbo; I guess we have our own peculiar variety. Betwixt Heaven and Hell. Said too much, but didn't say enough. Almost got caught, but wheedled our way out of a tight spot. It worked for David-he feigned insanity. Except I have no beard to drool onto.

Ironic that at the last CO's visit I attended he proudly stated that there were NO irregular publishers in the congregation. He crowed over that dubious measuring rod of our congregation's superior standing. Making points with you know who (certainly not Jehovah). Well, he certainly did not see my card! No time reported for 11 months now. After six months of no meeting attendance, I have yet to receive a single phone call or inquiry from any of the "company officials". I think they leave me alone because I was "the mouse that roared". And my many active family members are dearly loved and highly respected in the congregation; maybe I'm benefiting from "family merit"!

I am in exile, but like many of you, I am at peace. Peace-that precious commodity that has eluded me my entire life till now, here at JWD. This is as good as it gets.

Love and peace and gratitude,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit