To my mother in law: "Use and Shun" a new WTS dictate?

by My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW 22 Replies latest jw friends

• V
    V
    Can I call you "Nightmare" for short?

That's Worst Nightmare to you...

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

WELCOME MIL!

Why don?t you currently have a relationship with your daughter or grandkids? You can say it?s because of me or the world or blame your daughter or the grandkids and probably garner a great deal sympathy within the WTS. Then eventually that will fade?you will grow older as we all do?you will eventually need help?and who will be there to take care of you? The WTS old folks home? Who?s kidding whom? Your family?the daughter you shunned.

this is my situation almost exactly! my mother shunned me during different periods of my life even when I was an active JW! people are always dumbfounded at how she treats me and my siblings and like your MIL, she gets much sympathy from the crazies in the organization that can't see the situation for what it truly is. she doesn't even know for sure that I am out of the org. but she has shunned me already for so long that it wouldn't matter either way.

good for your wife for questioning and getting away from the dysfunctinal relationship with her mother.

your letter is very good, however I don't think it will make your MIL question anything. It will probably make her harsh stand even more determined. people like her have closed hearts and minds. I'm sure writing it made you feel much better though.

-freedomlover

• hubert
    hubert

I have read many, many excellent posts from tons of intelligent people on this forum, but I have to say, this is the first one that took my breath away as I read it, and gave me goosebumps all over at the same time.

This letter is so awesome ! Thank you, thank you, for sharing this letter with us. I think we should keep bringing this post up often, to insure that everybody on this forum, including lurkers, has a chance to read it.

bttt

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit