To my mother in law: "Use and Shun" a new WTS dictate?

by My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW 22 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Welcome! Every person who has disrespected me or anybody important to me is not welcome around me or my family. Some I called, some I wrote to, some I told in person.

Would I protect my wife even from her mother or father? You damn right!

There's no room or time in my life for anything or anybody who causes grief or strife.

Message to myself taped to bathroom mirror: I will identify things that cause stress in my life and set out to eliminate them one by one.

• Genesis
    Genesis

Gary Buss, I love you "Don't mess with me" way to deal with things ! This is one more thing I regret when I was in the borg, I was way too polite with those who disrespected me. Props to ya. Joff

• grey matters
    grey matters

Welcome!

Rock on! I like Restrangled. She's definately not afraid to say what she means.

Can I call you "Nightmare" for short?

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

I'm sure my mother in law is calling me worse things this very moment!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I love the hypocrisy of it all.

To any JW lurkers who "shun": As a free moral agent, you have a right to shun or ignore anybody you want...

HOWEVER, you have NO BUSINESS looking in that persons direction for help when your so-called "spiritual" friends are not around.

And IF the shunned person decides to be a better person than you are and help out - you are UNDESERVING of it.

LHG

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear MIL,

Welcome to the forum!! That was quite a letter!!! There are many here dealing with the exact same type of CRAP! Hang in there!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• mama1119
    mama1119

What a letter! Welcome to the board!!!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

That's one h*ll of a letter.

• jgnat
    jgnat

One of my favorite bits:

The only time your daughter really began examining the history of the WTS organization and testing her belief system was AFTER your shunning.

True, very true. By trying to keep the congregation "clean", all the society has done is drive out the good ones. And never doubt it, the world is watching and taking note.

• jimbo
    jimbo

Worst Nightmare, welcome to JWDF. I read your post completely. You expressed many sentiments that I had about my own mil. Although my situation was a little diferent you have my sympathy.

One thing that I have found is that time is sometimes the best healer. I have also found that( like your wife) knowlege about JW history and their current dealings is an eye opener. Freedom from their control can be very refreshing.

Hang in there! Time changes everything.

jimbo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit