Corcodille Hunters memorial today

by TopHat 14 Replies latest forum announcements

• TopHat
    TopHat

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14852288/

Who will be watching? The Animal Planet televised memorial for Steve Irwin.

I know I will be watching, crying my eyes out!

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

I would watch it but I don't feel much like crying right now (I did enough of that last week..)

Far better for me to remember him as he was--a smart, humorous, wonderful guy who shared my love of reptiles & gave me something to look forward to on Saturday mornings

DR

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Just finished watching it - so sad! Everyone crying! John Williamson sang True Blue - a great song by a great artist.

It's so sad to lose Steve - he was such a hero to all the kids and a great role model. Who do they have to look up to now? John Howard?? Yeh right!

It's a sad day for Australia.

Pope

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I've been watching reruns of his show on the Animal Planet.... I'll see if it's on tonight (it's 6:00pm here now)

• free2beme
    free2beme

Still such a sad topic. I have a hard time watching his show on animal planet now, he seemed so happy and full of life. So sad!

• TopHat
    TopHat

I thought the memorial was moving and funny. Some of the outakes of Steve trying to speak with his Australian accent had me ROFL. His little 8 year daughter did a wonderful rememberance of her Dad and Bindi was so posed and confident. I could see Terri was still not prepared to speak publicly.

This televised memorial to the "Crocodille Hunter" has helped me to come to terms with his passing. I am so glad Terri let this happen for Steve's many fans out there.

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

I know when I heard about his death I was soooo shocked I couldn't believe it. I started crying....which may be weird since I never knew him personally. He just seemed like such a nice, down-to-earth guy. He also got me over my fear of snakes and other reptiles. He will be missed greatly

• Lutece67
    Lutece67

Here's the link, part 6 and part 8 are some of the better clips, his daughter, his dad and his friend reading The Crocodiles are Crying are my favorite tributes

http://mp3.news.com.au/bcm/irwin-funeral.html

• daystar
    daystar

Although it shouldn't be, it's strange to me how such a person's passing can effect so many.

I felt this way when John Ritter passed and when Johnnie Cash moved on.

Crikey! I miss the guy already...

• Sasha
    Sasha

Most of the world will never know what a Great conservationist he was. Sad. Bindi was so poised. Lovely child. I always raised my son out in the wild with animals and teaching him to repect them. It works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit