DID YOU CUSS???

by mama1119 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mama1119
    mama1119

My Dad used to say "Man Oh Friday" and "Dog Gone It", and of course "shoot".

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

holy crap!

• chiddy
    chiddy

I cussed alot as a jw and I swear even more now , I enjoy it i can turn the air blue in a second , I think it's distinctive, cultured, and brings like minded people together.

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

I say crap and darn/dang a lot when talking to my mom, but with anyone else I let the cuss words flow. my ex-husband just asked me if I was seeing a sailor????

but I remember saying s#@t when I was a kid and I got a bar of soap shoved in my mouth by my mom.

somehow now I don't mind the taste of soap so much???? wonder why?

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

What used to REALLY ANNOY me as a JW, is that we got counseled for using substitute words like 'darnit' 'gosh' 'dang'.

Could never make them happy!!!

• chiddy
    chiddy

in the uk a popular inoffensive thing to call someone is a "burke" but the origins of the word "burke" come from a chap in 18th century London called Burke Hunt which in rhyming slang is actually cunt!

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

My friend and I used to say "Dag" (still do) all the time and one time my Dad told me I shouldn't say that.

When I made the mistake of asking why, get ready now, he said "Because it is a derivative of "Dagon the fish god!"

To this day whenever something goes wrong I shout, "Dagon! Why have you forsaken me?"

We love to say that now and it is a huge joke between me and my friends.

I asked my dad a little while ago about it and he denied ever saying it. But I know for a fact he did. I think he's embarrassed. I always bust his balls about it.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Dagon--that's hilarious!

• LuciousJ
    LuciousJ

I grew up with 3 older sisters so I cussed & flipped everybody off all the time. Then I got caught by my mom......you didn't want to mess with the MOMS......she'd hit ya with a shoe while she was on the phone stirring dinner! Seriously though, it's funny, since I've become a mom myself with 3 young kids in the home, it's very common to hear "holy crap", "sugar" or "man alive!"........when I'm really mad though, I've let things slip and my children tell me those aren't nice words! I find cuss words to be unnecessary unless you are emphasizing something or angry....where then, nice words like "sugar" don't really express things the same way! I commonly call bad drivers "idiots".....now my son has been calling my daughter an idiot. Can you imagine if I called them something REALLY bad???? Kids...........they sure do keep you in check!!!

LJ

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

This is Dagon, the exalted one.--lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit