Could the Watchtower handle a huge increase in numbers?

by JH 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I've been thinking lately about the recent thread discussing the Awake! where blood is mentioned as "an organ" 4 times in the 1 paragraph. That's amazing and I am really starting to get the feeling the Org. is prepping up to change the bloody policy, do away with it completely by making it a "matter of conscience"....because blood is an "organ" and is not used by the body as food when transfused.

Ok -they might lose a few thousand current witnesses, but they don't care! The would view the potential increase in the millions if they dropped their fanatical blood policy, so to lose a few thousand now would not be a problem. The old guard are dying out anyway and even amongst the old fanatics, most would stay regardless of the change.

Money will dictate this issue, and they will be forced to do something drastic soon to reverse the downward spiral. Even after the failure of 1975, they had the pressure of the new millenium to keep the brothers in fear, now that the Year 2000 has been and gone there is nothing left to motivate the rank and file.

Interesting few years coming up I say!

Pope

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    They are in the business of creating dedicated and loyal members who will never leave their org and who will eventually worship it. This is more than just a spike in numbers. The way they go out and hand pick newbies via their service, then they 'prep' them before they come to the hall. Little by little the change the person untill they are fully converted to the JW mindset.
    They don't want mass coverstion, just a steady stream of new converts that become deeply rooted in the org.

so true about handpicking

and deeply rooted in the org.......there really are only a chosen few isnt there?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I've been thinking lately about the recent thread discussing the Awake! where blood is mentioned as "an organ" 4 times in the 1 paragraph. That's amazing and I am really starting to get the feeling the Org. is prepping up to change the bloody policy, do away with it completely by making it a "matter of conscience"....because blood is an "organ" and is not used by the body as food when transfused.

I really, really can't see them using the "blood is an organ" bit to segue into an abolition of the current blood policy. The mindfunk that the r&f would experience would be too great too risk.

I will add though, that if such a fantastic situation were to occur, it would provide an excellent "flashpoint" disagreement for me to exit. But again, never could I see them ever reversing the blood policy.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Fortunately that is not an issue they will ever have to face!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Also, what if alot of people were really zealous--would they quit their jobs of being teachers, doctors, etc. so that they could pioneer and wash windows?

I thought this thread was kind of silly. What would you do if you were suddenly a billionaire? Could you handle the pressure? Somehow, you would adapt. But reading the quote above gave me a great laugh. If a large portion of a U.S. town were to suddenly be zealous JWs, then they would start undercutting each other's bids on janitorial/cleaning jobs. Leaving the kingdom hall, they would make sure nobody follows them to their job, because they wouldn't want other JW to know where to offer their cleaning services. They would get so paranoid about each other. Every business would have the cleanest windows, floors at the lowest price. All the JW who work at the same places would try to get other JW fired because bosses would have a hard time deciding who gets the weekend off for assemblies. Walmart would have to close on Thursday evening, same with many places- no workers and no customers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit