I just got a weird phone call ,I don't want to be involved

by troubled mind 11 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

The jw world is so full of weirdness I don't want any part of it anymore . But I got a bit sucked in... This morning I got a phone call from a woman that has studied and attended meetings for over three years . Her mental stability and smoking has always kept her from progressing very far . Today she called because she has no one to listen to her and she trusts me (yeah me ) . She said she has gone through rehab is no longer on drugs and was rediagnosed as no longer being schizophrenic , but rather has a type of autism . Any way she wants to send a letter to the governing body because she feels all the elders here are involved in some form of unchristian activity , and none of them will listen to her anymore .( She has been removed from assemblies and meetings .) She has details but I didn't want to hear them . I don't think she realizes that I no longer attend , she just remembers how nice I had been to her in the past . I told her anyone can send a letter to the society , but they won't do anything but send a letter back to the Elders . I said make three copies send one there , give one to the new CO and keep the third for proof . Even if nothing gets done at least you can vent through the gesture of writing it out . I do feel sorry for her I don't think she can help how she is ,but I really don't want to be involved . She really believes that the witnesses have the truth and she wants to be apart of it, but they will not let her !

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

You would think they'd be eager, to say the least, to get someone who thinks like this into the org:

She really believes that the witnesses have the truth and she wants to be apart of it, but they will not let her !

But I guess if she has a problem with smoking, well, they have to keep the congregation clean now, don't they? If she's got over her problems though, I can't understand why they would keep her out. They probably just can't be bothered with her, loving people that they are...

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

It sounds like a whole can of worms. I wouldnt want to be involved either. I think id be inclined to tell her you are no longer in good standing with the Witlesses and that therefore theres nothing you can do for her.

Its a shame, but she sounds like one of life loony victims. Id steer well clear.

• Mary
    Mary
    She said she has gone through rehab is no longer on drugs and was rediagnosed as no longer being schizophrenic , but rather has a type of autism .

Ya right. Sounds like she's gone off her meds and re-diagnosed herself.

Any way she wants to send a letter to the governing body because she feels all the elders here are involved in some form of unchristian activity , and none of them will listen to her anymore

Well, the elders could very easily be involved in "unchristian activity", but that's not your problem. Take my advice: steer clear.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I even try to not be involved in my own problems.

Ken P.

• hambeak
    hambeak

I would get away from this person as she sounds crazy as a bed bug she should quit smoking and become an elders wife she fits right in.

• JimWood
    JimWood
    Her mental stability ... schizophrenic ...autism .

Sounds like the perfect Dub to me. She should be at all the meetings so that she can get better.

• exwitless
    exwitless

Speaking as a nurse here-it is a classic behavior for schizophrenics to believe that they no longer have schizophrenia. They may have delusions that their doctors told them so. It sounds as though she is quite unstable mentally, and may simply at this time be in a more "normal" appearing mode. I feel sorry for her, as I'm sure you do as well. However, given the history of psychological problems, you should not get involved, for her sake and yours. Maybe you could suggest she speak with her social worker or psychiatrist for help in communicating with the elders. At least this would redirect her to the people who can better assist her right now.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Many if not most of the bible studies I went on towards the end of my tenure as a Dub involved people who were 2 tacos short of a combination plate. They were amazed that ANYONE wanted to spend time with them and so clung to us making little if any progress and continuing to serve us tea and Salerno butter cookies every week, clearing a spot on the table between the ketchup blops and last night's dinner dishes so they would have some company.

Whatever the elders "did" was probably something she perceived that they did and it was probably to her. Yep...stay clear. Who needs the extra drama??

• greendawn
    greendawn

If you have already mentally abandoned the JWs what's the point of getting involved in a JW centred mess involving mentally unstable people?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit