Why I'm here

by Calico Ethel 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sasha
    Sasha

WELCOME CALICO!!!! I'm kinda a newbie too, and have found that this site is the RIGHT one to be on. Love to you!

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

when I want to talk to someone about what my life has been like the past several years, most people don't listen to me or they interrupt me by talking about how crappy there life has been and the focus has turned to them instead...

it's nice to find people I can talk to that I feel truly listen and care. Thanks to all of you.

Now I'm really looking forward to the next ABC fest to meet many of you that have come in the past.... or maybe we'll just have to plan another get together before then

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Calico,

WELCOME to the forum! We are glad you are here! If you are not true to yourself, how can you be true to anyone or anything. It is vital we like ourselves, and give ourselves the freedom to question and process the answers. In that way we become well rounded, grounded and have a deep conviction about who we are and where we are going. Again, WELCOME!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• poppers
    poppers

"when I want to talk to someone about what my life has been like the past several years, most people don't listen to me or they interrupt me by talking about how crappy there life has been and the focus has turned to them instead..." Yes, this is true for most people. People seldom REALLY listen because they are already formulating a response in their head while you are talking.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome! You are among friends who 'get' where you are coming from. I hope all your hopes and aspirations for your future come to fruition. Thanks for coming on board!!!

Shelly

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

I finally posted a pic of myself. this is just temporary until I can get a more recent picture taken. I has lasik recently, so no more glasses. I'm the one in the all red, oriental style dress...

I'm hoping to get a good picture taken when I hang out with beautifulisfree and Schne_belly next weekend

• anewme
    anewme

Welcome Calico Ethel. I hope you will enjoy the forum as we have. Congratulations too on your new life! Anewme

• juni
    juni

Calico Ethel said:

I'm hoping to get a good picture taken when I hang out with beautifulisfree and Schne_belly next weekend

I'm sure all of you have talked about how MANY from Wisconsin are at this site!!

It amazes me. Again welcome and I enjoy your posts.

Juni

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

welcome calico

the freedom feeling is euphoric isn't it?!

hope you find many friends here.

-freedomlover

• sspo
    sspo

You are in the right place.

Those on this board fully understand how you feel because we have lived it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit