The WT Using Machines to Replace Humans in the Door to Door Preaching!

by frankiespeakin 10 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The reason for canning such a massive group of loyal workers with decades of service behind their belt was stated in the september KM letter as:

"Improved technology has made our shipping and printing facilities more efficient. This has reduced the need for volunteers in the Bethel home. On the other hand, there is a growing need for more "workers [in the] harvest." (Luke 10:2) As one member of the Governing Body observed: "We can buy machines to do our printing for us, but machines(not yet anyway) cannot preach the good news" (Italics added by me)

In the near future I'm sure technology will be able to support a robot JW that could go door to door and annoy people with the WT "good news". Imagine a robot with programmed responses to many of the objections people raise to the JW message, can you imagine what that would be like. How many people would take a baseball bat to one that knocked up on their door or may be run them over with their car on purpose.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    How many people would take a baseball bat to one that knocked their door or may be run them over with their car on purpose

We would, if we could tell the differrence between robots and the majority of active jws around today. It's kind of hard to see much differrence sometimes.

• poppers
    poppers

"We would, if we could tell the differrence between robots and the majority of active jws around today. It's kind of hard to see much differrence sometimes." You took the words right out of my mouth.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Compare that paragraph with this earlier article:

*** g00 10/8 pp.13-15 Whatever Happened to the "Job for Life"? ***

GRAHAM worked for a large Australian company for 37 years. In his late 50's, he was suddenly given a few weeks' notice that his services were no longer required. We can understand his perplexity, reflecting astonishment and deep concern for his future welfare. 'Whatever happened to my "job for life," which I thought was secure until I reached the age of retirement?' Graham wondered....In an effort to become competitive and to reduce production costs, American companies began cutting the number of workers and improving methods and equipment. The technique used to reduce the work force became known as downsizing. The process has been described as "reducing the size of an organization's workforce, usually through a combination of layoffs, early retirement incentives, transfers, and natural attrition."....In her book Healing the Downsized Organization, Delorese Ambrose explains that in 1956 the term "organization man" was coined to describe the typical employee. She adds: "Whether he worked as a union laborer or as a manager, he turned over his economic well-being, social life, and loyalty to the organization in exchange for security -- a job for life. Clearly, this pact has been broken in the modern corporation."

Millions of workers around the world have lost their jobs to downsizing, and no group of employees has escaped unscathed. In the United States alone, the number of employees involved has been substantial, with millions losing permanent jobs. Similar downsizing has occurred in many other countries. But these cold statistics alone do not convey the human misery behind them....Graham, mentioned at the beginning of this article, said: "You suffer some real psychological damage." He compared his dismissal to "an illness or a bruising physical encounter." When loyalty is not rewarded, people feel betrayed because the sacrifices that they have made for the company are not valued. Trust is lost.

• V
    V

You will be assimilated

• sf
    sf
    there is a growing need for more "workers [in the] harvest."

Most excellent. Bring it on. I for one, would love a Bethelite that is now out of Bethel to come work MY harvest! LOL!!!!

Ted, you chicken shit! LOLOLOL!!! Machines, my ass!!

sKally

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

The thought of a JW robot gets me thinking of Marvin, The Paranoid Android, for some reason...

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I saw the "Stepford Wives" when I was a kid. Made an impression on me. Everybody was supposed to act in a certain way, do certain things. I said to someone it kind of reminded me of the KH. I got a very dirty look from my friend Francie's mom-who was 'one of the annointed'.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

The "preaching robot" reminds me of the portable phonograph of the late 1930s. Weird as it may seem, it was a fashionable salesman's device back then as shown by its hilarious appearance in Chaplin's Modern Times (1936) -- the salesman introducing the "eating machine" plays a record from the inventor.

If the WT was that eager to spread the good news using the latest technology, guess what they would use today?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

If the WT was that eager to spread the good news using the latest technology, guess what they would use today?

Well, you'd think they'd use the internet to it's fullest potential, not in the way they use it now, with theis official site which contains an invitation to contact them for furher information. The trouble with using that idea, they might think, is jws using it might stumble on a site like this, and hear the truth about the troof.

They could also set up TV and/or radio stations, but they don't do that either. Kind of curious, for such, in their words an important and life - saving message to be left in the hands of Saturday morning door knockers when there is so much modern technology around nowadays.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit