banned bands and songs

by aoxo 22 Replies latest jw friends

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

My father still likes "The Lord Knows I'm Drinking" which Cal Smith did in the late 70's I think. He enjoyed "Peace In the Valley" probably because it one old gospel tune that did conflict with JW beliefs.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I remember a talk about dangers of independent thinking, and the c.o. was critical of "MY WAY'" made popular by Sinatra and Presley.

LOL !! That's too much. However, in a sad way, it doesn't surprise me in the least.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

"No, he's not making it up. The list actually was created (according to my understanding) for the Bethel family. Eventually, the list was photo copied and made it's way into the hands of the rank & file. I specifically remember seeing a phot copy of it. ( I think it was around 1983 or so) This list was not intended to be distributed in the congregations; as it was a Bethel guideline for the Bethel family. But, individual Witnesses took it upon themselves to try to enforce this guideline in the congregations."

I find it strange that during the time period mentioned local congregation had three brothers at bethel and nary a mention of any such list locally.

Your last sentence here says it all INDIVIDUAL Witnesses took it upon THEMSELVES.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit