A Letter to the Bethelites-FOR THE CHILDREN

by Dogpatch 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I remember the Elders in my hall saying this was just the beginning. And shortly after 9/11 the "Great Beast" would start by getting rid of religious freedom in the US and elsewhere . . . but apparently the UN didn't get the memo. Oh well.

I'm sure no one remembers now.

• James Jack
    James Jack
    I really enjoy the personal experiences and how they move on!
  • Heaven
    Heaven

I feel badly for Glen and his family but am glad they escaped. Religion = child abuse. The Bible is not a book for children.

One startling experience after we left was the relief my son felt when I told him that we would have gone against WT policy and permit a blood transfusion if needed. That's a cruel notion to hold over a child - I had never thought how he truly felt at the time we made him carry his blood card.

As a teenager, I did not agree with the WTS 'no blood' policy. I, too, lived in fear that I may need one and be refused it by my parents. It seemed to me that my concerns were never considered. My parents never asked me how I felt about this. I think this is typical in JW families. I did voice my disbelief to my parents about this policy. I told them that if a blood transfusion was the only way to save a life then that is what should be done. So they knew how I felt about it. This policy also contradicted their claim that all people have the chance to be JWs. Not so for anyone requiring blood products to survive. Logic isn't one of this group's strong points.

Sadly, I don't think I would have put 2 and 2 together and see that the God of the JWs had something Evil planned for 99.9% of the whole world's population. I don't think I could have seen then that a God that would kill people the way the terrorists did on a global scale could be Evil. I don't think that I could have seen that the worship of such a God was Evil, that living in a world perpetrated by such a God would be Evil - that Armageddon (per JW lore) would be Evil.

Everyone seems to have their different trigger points. While Glen doesn't think he would have put this together, as a teenager I did. I could not fathom why God would kill people such as nurses, doctors, teachers, firemen, farmers, etc... all the people in the world that do things to help and feed others just because they were not a JW. I had done the math on their claim to be preaching to all the inhabitted Earth and I knew that was a farce. I also knew non-JWs who were awesome folks. Again, logic does not work well with the dogma of most religions and WTS is no exception.

Coded Logic said: I remember the Elders in my hall saying this was just the beginning. And shortly after 9/11 the "Great Beast" would start by getting rid of religious freedom in the US and elsewhere . . . but apparently the UN didn't get the memo. Oh well.

I'm sure no one remembers now.

No JW has ever been able to answer my question "What is the definition of soon/shortly/imminently etc?" I asked my Dad that question once. The reaction was the deer-in-the-headlights look and the silence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit