Properties Department, Bethel

by JimWood 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JimWood
    JimWood

I called the Properties Department today to inquire about the Jay St Property and the zoning change that took place recently. Apparently, according to the sister on the phone, the GB gave the go ahead to seek the re-zoning to Special Mixed Use District (MX-2), so that they could expand if needed.

When I asked, "hey I thought Brooklyn was getting smaller?" She laughed and said that they could sell it now for "a lot more" than under the old zoning. Her voice had a really weird sound when she said that, is greedy a voice inflection they teach in the Ministry School now.

Here are some links for those that have not heard about it.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/pdf/cpc/040216.pdf

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/pdf/cpc/040217.pdf

I find it very interesting that the GB would use Beyer Blinder Belle Architects, LLP for just a tentative project. Check out their pedigree on their site;

http://www.beyerblinderbelle.com/

I also found this, if anyone lives near by, can you go check it out and give a little 5 minute talk. I will only comment on use of gestures and repetition for emphasis.

Plans for this proposal are on file with the City Planning Commission and may be seen in

Room 3N, 22 Reade Street, New York, N.Y. 10007.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Very interesting, in view of the mass lay offs, the WT is still trying to make profits, not bad for a non-profit tax free organization. Hey you "mature ones" at bethel don't this make you feel special.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are a business more than a religion, and of course they are not the only ones that behave in this way. I can't understand why some people think the WTS is in financial trouble, it could be just wishful thinking.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yeah Green they can't even spare a few million for all those "mature ones" they sent packing to fend for themselves after being institutionalized for decades. It $$$$ and greed, what a scam they got going.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Has anyone ever seen the financial books of the WT society? I would like to know the expenses versus the intake.

Ken P.

• dido
    dido

Why are they `expanding`? I thought the `end` was just around the corner?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

they arent "expanding" to increase the ministry.. they are expanding their real estate empire.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

So they are reducing the number of personnel at bethel, but increasing their wealth with more property sales. Maybe they think they need a bit more spare cash to fight the court cases.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Somebody somewhere is sitting in a palce financed by all this. But the trail is so cleverly covered over you'll never find them.

HB

• greendawn
    greendawn

Frankie I really don't know how they manage to keep the non-profit status since they are so obviously uncharitable, they never even helped a single poor JW have needed medical treatment by offering to pay for the costs.

They probably have contacts high up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit