Who cleans the KH?

by solo 27 Replies latest jw friends

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

I showed up once inadvertantly at a hall cleaning. I had not attended that hall in some time.

It was a Saturday and there was a goodly sized group outside doing the gardining. That was the good job as it was Fall in LaJolla CA.

What happened next is where my enterance was made.

A STREET RACE gone bad. As I neared the intersection, where the hall stood, at high speed I executed a sharp right turn. My Jag XKE is now in full skid and sliding toward the curb as its spinning. It came to rest along side the curb as a car should be parked. I took a second, looked at them staring at me and realized that they were not only jehovah's witnesses but they were also my witnesses that day too.

I put the car in gear and drove off not meaning to interupt their hard work.

UWUF

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Who cleans the KingdomHall?..Your kiding right?..Only the Privilaged!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Don't forget about cutting the grass as well....

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I remember those times of hall cleaning. Seems like it was the Book Study conductor (most of the time) me and my children and once in awhile my wife would come too. finally toward the end, when told it was our priviledge again, I told them we are declining, and when said book study conductor said who is going to do it then, I said why don't you get the rest of the book study who haven't showed up for a cleaning in over a year to come, because it isn't mine or my childrens duty to do so and we won't from here on out and if its dirty on Sunday I can care less, and if you and the rest of the boe don't like it tuff. Hence we didn't and I have never participated in any kind of cleaning since.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I remember it was supposed to be considered a priviledge to clean the hall. So one time for punishment, I had to sit in the car while everyone else went in and cleaned and associated...baawhahaha

Also...I remember this one old sister...bless her heart, her name was Gladius. She was the nicest woman, I would sit on her porch and talk to her for hours and hours...anyway.... She would water the fake plants. No one ever told her they were fake either just let her do it.

lisa

*weird the way thoughts of people jump in your head. I was thinking about Gladius, she really was nice. A pioneer and always at the meetings. Her husband was never a JW, but would come to the meeting with her and hand out candy and gum to the kids. He also used to go out in the service with us...just to ride along when we did country territory that sometimes had miles between houses. He had great stories to tell us about when he was a child.

Then...there was a special needs talk, no more gum or candy was handed out. The old man was no longer allowed to go out in the service just to ride along any more either. He quit coming to the meetings entirely...died shortly after that. Gladius was moved to a old people's home. Someone picked her up for awhile, then that stopped.....for a short time she was a return visit, or I guess a shepharding call since we were over by her home anyway.......then she died. No one went to her funeral.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Back in the 1980's it was some middle aged JW women that did the cleaning, when I think of it now the males found it too demeaning to get involved with such mundane work.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Oh, I used to just despise hall cleaning, but so did my Mom, so I only has to go along a couple of times, and then my Dad had to go alone alot. Then he pretty much stopped too. No one ever said anything to him about it.

• sandy
    sandy

LOL at this topic . . . It reminds me I have picture of myself standing on stage standing at the podium pretending to give a talk. What was that about!!! LOL My sister took that picture of me one Saturday when we were their cleaning the KH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit