Who celebrates Halloween?

by love2Bworldly 37 Replies latest jw friends

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

Am I the only one with small children who are concerned about scaring your kids, giving them nightmares. I could care less about the JW mentality, I just worry about my 4 and 5 yr old being tramatized by the blood and gore that night.

JMHO,

HS

• esw1966
    esw1966

I've been out for a year now and I don't see myself doing Halloween yet. Don't like the whole morbid death thing.

Still trying to get the Christmas Spirit!

• exwitless
    exwitless

Hartstrings-I think we just have to be selective about where we take our young kids for Halloween. In our town, they sponsor trick or treating inside the mall for younger kids. It's safe and well-lit. While there may be some gory costumes, most younger kids like to wear more traditional ones like a cowboy or princess.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Am I the only one with small children who are concerned about scaring your kids, giving them nightmares. I could care less about the JW mentality, I just worry about my 4 and 5 yr old being tramatized by the blood and gore that night.

JMHO,

HS

No you're not the only one. We're not taking our kids around the neigborhood because of this. It's quite scary with the decorations that are put up. At times outright grotesque and I wish that the people who are doing it would remember that they're chasing off many families especially in this area. We're actually going to the Detroit Zoo where they have something called the Zoo Boo for kids. We're looking forward to it and it will be our first time. If it's scary we'll probably not stick around, but I'm betting that it won't be. There are several options for people who don't like the blood and gore but who have kids that would like to participate.

• earthtone
    earthtone

Blackswan, we have the samething in chicago at lincoln Park Zoo. I'm taking my godniece. I'm also going to my first hunted house!

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

Yes. I do. And did. I had a "double life."

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Every Halloween evening after it turns dark, I turn off all the lights put on some Siouxsie and the Banshees and blast the hell out of the speakers as I sing along and dance to some creepy songs....

Did I mention that I haven't seen a trick-or-treater in many years? ;)

• Beardo
    Beardo

JWs aren't wrong about absolutely everything - they are just control freaks with a wonky religion.

It is a relief not to be associated with those silly 'so-called' celebrations and for the 15 years I have been away, I haven't felt the need to go back to either Christmas or Halloween (which is quite small in the UK anyway, but getting bigger every year as far as I can see).

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

I wouldn't really bother but the kids like it so what's the big deal? They dress up, get some sweets come home watch Haunted House or something and that's it. The older one isn't that keen now anyway as he doesn't see it as that "cool" to be going out now

However I can see some of the WT points, some kids get real greedy, eh, that's about it really. I don't beleive in ghosts and stuff anyway and make sure the kids are cool with that as well

BM

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Blackswan, we have the samething in chicago at lincoln Park Zoo. I'm taking my godniece. I'm also going to my first hunted house!

How cool! I hope you have fun! The zoo is such a fun place to go anyway that the zoo on Halloween should be a blast.

Haunted house? I went to a haunted house when I was 14, looooong story how I got there, but it scared the crap out of me. Chainsaws and the like. Fun though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit