Photos of Beth Shan

by why144000 13 Replies latest jw friends

• why144000
    why144000

I have posted this link before but decided to put it up again as there are a lot of new(er) members who may be interested. The area around Beth Shan is now a gated community so it is a bit hard to get there. There has been a lot of discussion regarding Beth Shan with Ed Gruss(?) including it in one of his books but, as far as I am aware there are no other pictures of the underground bunker in the former goat shed.

http://community.webshots.com/user/why144000

• greendawn
    greendawn

Interesting piece of history, I didn't know the dubs had built two super mansions.

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/bethshan.htm

That weasel Rutherford was not satisfied with one mansion he wanted two, just as he had two luxury cars. We all know that the patriarchs residence provision was a cover story for Rutherford's shameless love of luxury, very possibly concocted by Fred Franz who at a young age was manifesting a talent for deceiving the naive masses.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Interesting piece of history, I diddn't know the dubs had built two super mansions.

Beth Shan, and Beth Serim. The two illegitimate daughters of a theocratic tom cat.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I expect they built beth shan cheap and sold it off for a huge profit, like they did beth sarim. They might be a nothing religion, but they have business acumen.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Full of doubt, you can rest assured that Nathan Knorr who succeeded Rutherford had a great business acumen, in fact he took care of the business side of the WTS while Franz took care of the religious side. He brought about a great expansion of the org during his time.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It looks like a sprawling bungalow with some lovely landscaping. The roof is copper?

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

How did you get the pictures of the inside of the masion?

• daystar
    daystar

Reading about this sort of thing makes my experience seem so alien. So many hidden things. So many oddities...

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

why144K:The area around Beth Shan is now a gated community so it is a bit hard to get there.

When did this happen? I was there last December and drove right there.

steve

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

OKay, I jumped in BEFORE reading the entire post. (Slaps self upside the head). I went to Beth Serim. I didn't know about Beth Shan.

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit