More US lies to talk up case for war

by Simon 30 Replies latest social current

• Jourles
    Jourles

I'll simply repeat what I quoted a week ago...

The UN Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons Treaty makes it clear in Article IV:

1. Nothing in this Treaty shall be interpreted as affecting the inalienable right of all the Parties to the Treaty to develop research, production and use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes without discrimination and in conformity with Articles I and II of this Treaty.

2. All the Parties to the Treaty undertake to facilitate, and have the right to participate in, the fullest possible exchange of equipment, materials and scientific and technological information for the peaceful uses of nuclear energy. Parties to the Treaty in a position to do so shall also co-operate in contributing alone or together with other States or international organizations to the further development of the applications of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes, especially in the territories of non-nuclear-weapon States Party to the Treaty, with due consideration for the needs of the developing areas of the world.

Is it Iran's right to develop nuclear technology for peaceful purposes, or is it the right of the USA to block their development by only assuming that Iran is planning to use it for sinister purposes?

Just answer that one question -- Is it Iran's right to develop it, or the USA's right to block it? And if you can, base your answer according to International Law.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Britan has it's own problems they need to worry about.

http://www.msunderestimated.com/category/euroweenies/

It sucks not being able to take bottled water on an airplane. Damn it I'm just a spoiled American.

Dismembered

• minimus
    minimus

All nations and leaders lie. Look at history and notice all the lying politicians. The USA lies, steals, cheats, covers up, decieve, murder, violate laws-------you name it, they do it! The USA is a bunch of lyin' bastards and opportunists. I hate the USA too. I wish I could live in Somalia or Iran. Yeah, that's the ticket!! Iran.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

Of course there will be a war. That fact is inevitable.

1838: The British steamer "Great Western" crossed the Atlantic from Bristol to New York in 15 days. A ship that could move independently of wind, weather and tides. newspapers hailed the marvel saying things like "The commercial, moral and political effects of this increased intercourse, to Europe and this country must be immense."
    They also said that because of the expansion of business, the rapid spreading of information and the resulting reduction in prejudice it would make war a thing almost impossible......simpler times perhaps???

No. There has never been a simpler time. NEVER in all of human history. Everything has always been as complex as it is right now in 2006. People change, technologies change however the forces at work within us..whatever it is that drives us to be human..that will always stay the same.

1838: Boers slaughter 3000 Zulus in Natal; British forces invade Afganistan

1839: Ottoman Empire invades Syria,; The Opium war erupts between Britain and China. Steamships did nothing but get men into battle more quickly.

A century later 1944 World War 2, my goodness we've started numbering them now. and in the 50's everyone was saying about television what they said about steamships.

"Television offers the soundest basis for world peace yet presented. International television will knit together the peoples of the world in bonds of mutual respect"

Not!!!!!!! Personally I believe we are going to witness a Third World War in the next 10-50 years. One that will be fought using 21st century technology..it might well be a conflict from which we will never recover. Resources, religion, language, culture, past history...these are all just excuses, nothing more.

Humans fight wars because that's what we do. I fear it will never end.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Humans fight wars because that's what we do. I fear it will never end.

Your fear is justified.

Warlock

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I hope an Iranian war is not on the agenda - that really would show the muslim world in their eyes that the west was anti-islam. However, Ahminajed could tone his rhetoric down - it is not doing any good and it is provocative. Never play with scorpions, the ycan sting

• hambeak
    hambeak

Most wars make some group of people very rich and most very poor. What is new? Been like this for 1000's of years. Right now the oil companies have a stranglehold on the world economy. Just in time for the november elections gas prices are down in the US. but americans have very short memories and will credit the republicans with the downturn in gas prices. In the past when economic situation is bad in America , get in a war and solve it. Only now with a global economy and we produce very little except technology Lord Bush needs to back off from being such a bully. Let the middle east solve their own problems the USA cannot and should not be the world police.

Ham

• heathen
    heathen
    Personally I believe we are going to witness a Third World War in the next 10-50 years.

Alot of people say that the cold war was WW 3 . This war on terror stuff may very well be that . Bush is brain dead and chenney is a joke as well . With leaders like that this country is not going to get anything done . We are for the most part stuck with a 2 party system and all they care about is personal wealth and power and not what americas best interests are .

• Simon
    Simon

The behaviour of the current US administration will only serve, IMO, to boost the current Iranian leaders position and support and ultimately lead to conflict - of course, that is what Bush and Co want.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Yes, we all know that the Iranian regime has the moral high ground. I certainly have no problem trusting a president who says that Israel "should be wiped off the map", and who supplies arms to Hezbollah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit