Let's all think about "Imperfection"... comments?

by Morocco 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Morocco
    Morocco

God created everything, right? If so then God also created our skin with the ability to heal from cuts, wounds and tears. Which means that God anticipated the infliction of pain and set a system in place to counter accidents. He also created pain, which is a warning system to let us know we are in danger somehow. God also created snakes; they have hollow fangs that inject venom into their prey, once paralyzed they consume it. This is violence and some creatures are built to kill. Spiders do the same thing, with deadly poison, but interestingly enough spiders can CHOOSE to inject the venom. We aren't talking about robots, the creatures built with deadly weapons can choose to use them. Viral infections and bacteria exist as a part of nature, many things can take advantage of these supposedly harmful things. Even our skin has healthy bacteria. So the question is: did God create, down to the fundamental atomic levels of reality, a system of pain, violence in animals, and harmful microbes in a pre-sin world? Or, did these things come about AFTER sin? If they did show up after the fall of man, then why would God recreate and change the original versions snakes, spiders, bacteria, viruses, or add them in later just to hurt us and the animals? I thought, as the Bible says, that something bad can not come from something good. What relation does darkness have with light? God is incapable of evil and lies... correct? So if God didn't create these things after sin, who did? Does someone else have CREATION rights? Or, more logically in my opinion, were they always there to begin with and there was no alteration of Creation after sin? If this is so think about what that says about the original pre-sinful world of Adam and Eve, and God. What are you guyzez thoughts on this subject?

• under_believer
    under_believer

/sigh
    The Witnesses who I bring this up to usually just say that everything changed and became imperfect after Adam and Eve sinned. God didn't create snakes, in other words, snakes slowly grew to their current imperfect, corrupted state.
    Ridiculous, I know, and no biblical proof whatsoever, but what are you gonna say to someone who says that?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

To the JW: Stop trying to understand everything with your independent thinking. Just wait until the new system and it will all be clear.

or to the Bible Student:

You ask many good questions, but our bible study is progressive. Hold your thoughts until we get to that in our discussion many weeks from now. Your questions may be answered by then. (Or you may forget them.)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Let me try an answer that works sometimes for the Borg. When the Bible says there will be peace among the animals, it may not be talking about their permanent situation. It may be rare that hunting carnivorous animals will be found together. Jehovah gave these animals the means to protect themselves and kill, so maybe that's the way they will continue. In perfection, we can be assured that the unnatural fear of man will be removed from these animals (forgetting that Man is perfected, not the animals) and we would be able to be at peace among them. Perfection doesn't mean we will all have the same perfect abilities. Perhaps, an occasional laceration of the skin will happen, or an animal bite, but we know that our perfected disease-fighting ability will be there. Pain will continue to serve as a boundary to dangerous activity.

Really, you know, there will still be weeds in paradise. You will have to pull them, but left in the wild, they are an important part of the balance of nature, or else God would not have created them. The same goes for bacteria.

I CAN DO THIS ALL DAY UNTIL YOU THINK YOUR QUESTION WAS ANSWERED, OR YOU LEARN NOT TO ASK ME AGAIN.

• Morocco
    Morocco

under believer... i hear that too sometimes... but if snakes really "grew" into what they are now... doesn't that imply evolution? *gasp*

• Morocco
    Morocco

rofl onthewayout... "Stop trying to understand everything with your independent thinking"

• M.J.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Re: Were dinosaurs part of a pre-Adamic "paradise"?

Post 302 of 381
    since 02-May-06

I stole this from that previous link. It's great. Actually, the borg will say, The earth was overgrown with plant-life so that the atmosphere could be developed. The dinosaurs were put here to eat up the plants. Some dinosaurs were carnivorous to eat up the extra dinosaurs as time went on. When they were no longer needed, Jehovah allowed their extinction thru a meteor strike or any number of ways. Yes, then there must have been carnivores before Adam sinned. If I had to adjust my statements from earlier posted ones, then it is because "the light is getting brighter and brighter." As far as how animals got to particular islands like Australia, we'll have to ask Noah or one of his grandchildren. There must be a logical answer because it happened, and we know the Flood story is true, because it's in the Bible. We already proved that the Bible is all true.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If somebody could answer your questions, we would really have something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit