Class-Questions for JW's

by Emma 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mary
    Mary

Ask them where it tells you in the bible that you can't celebrate birthdays or Christmas. Ask them if their rules are going "beyond what is written".

Ask them how letting someone die from refusing a blood transfusion is preserving the sacredness of life.

Ask them why standing up for a judge in a courtroom is just "showing respect", but standing for the national anthem is "worship".

Ask them if they've apologized and reinstated all those former Witnesses who were right about certain doctrines before the Governing Body. Why not?

Ask them why they require two eye witnesses for the rape of a child, but in the the bible, a woman did not require any eye witnesses to be believed.

(Deuteronomy 22:25-28) 25 "If, however, it is in the field that the man found the girl who was engaged, and the man grabbed hold of her and lay down with her, the man who lay down with her must also die by himself, 26and to the girl you must do nothing. The girl has no sin deserving of death, because just as when a man rises up against his fellowman and indeed murders him, even a soul, so it is with this case. 27 For it was in the field that he found her. The girl who was engaged screamed, but there was no one to rescue her. 28

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    Ask them why they require two eye witnesses for the rape of a child, but in the Bible, a woman did not require any witnesses to be believed.

My son showed this very scripture Deuteronomy 22: 25-28 to a couple of Elders and about 2 weeks later he was DF for apostasy.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    My son showed this very scripture Deuteronomy 22: 25-28 to a couple of Elders and about 2 weeks later he was DF for apostasy

He only has his himself to blame - using the BIBLE instead of the Watchtower, tsk, tsk.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    "beyond what is written".

Even more petty - beards! I bet there's loads of examples of this. I imagine that JW don't interpret this Scripture in this way though.

Can someone point me to the FDS usurping Jesus as mediator?

• Arthur
    Arthur

Regarding the 144,000

1) If the 144,000 is a literal number, then why do the scriptures in Revelation chapter 7 and 14 say that there would be 12,000 sealed from 12 tribes. How can they split those specific passages into half; rendering half of it literal, and half of it figurative?

2) Where specifically is there any indication in the text of Luke 12:32 that the 144,000 of Revelation chapters 7 and 14 are being spoken of?

3) Where do the scriptures indicate that entrance into this so-called "little flock" of anointed believers would be closed in the year 1935?

• Arthur
    Arthur
    The question can be answered and the scriptures provided, but will you recognize the truth? Will you accept the answers or scuff at them? Will you ignore the answers because they don't conform with you? Will you discredit the one answering because to accept the answers would mean you have to accept to be wrong?

I must compliment you. You chose a perfectly appropriate alias. Bravo.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Apparently I'm an idiot is Sword of Jah trying to deceive the board into thinking he's new here. Lying to win converts, now there's something new.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Ask them why they abandoned the practice of baptizing people in the name of the father, son and holy spirit and instead baptize people into a spirit-directed organization, which to me is a perversion of Jesus' command.

• Emma
    Emma

Thank you all; I'm printing this thread out for my coworker to take.

I'm no good at search; haven't ever been able to find what I'm looking for, so thanks everyone, even if it is a repeat.

• Sasha
    Sasha

Haven't you heard? The light is getting brighter!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit