Class-Questions for JW's

by Emma 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Emma
    Emma

A woman I work with is going to a class at her church on how to talk to jw's. I told her one question to ask when they come knocking is if Jesus is their mediator since most dubs don't know he isn't according to their own teachings.

Any other simple questions one might ask?

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Why does the WT keep changing it's doctrines?

BM

• sspo
    sspo

Let them provide 2-3 scriptures about df, shunning for life someone that decides not to be in the watchtower

• I_am_an_idiot
    I_am_an_idiot

The question can be answered and the scriptures provided, but will you recognize the truth? Will you accept the answers or scuff at them? Will you ignore the answers because they don't conform with you? Will you discredit the one answering because to accept the answers would mean you have to accept to be wrong?

• Emma
    Emma

Thank you. These are good, short and to the point.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Idiot (your name choice, not mine) writes:

The question can be answered and the scriptures provided, but will you recognize the truth?

That depends. Are the Scriputres cited in context? Having debated J-Dubs, and been one. I am well aware of how they use Scriptures ripped from context. When these same Scriptures are put into the correct context will YOU recognize the Truth?

Will you accept the answers or scuff at them?

See above.

Will you ignore the answers because they don't conform with you?

Will YOU ignore the reasoned and Scriptural responses to your arguements?

Will you discredit the one answering because to accept the answers would mean you have to accept to be wrong?

If a J-Dub can prove with contextually correct Scripture any doctrine they believe, then I might be persuaded to rethink my stance. However, there are still other issues that need to be resolved.

1. The lack of protection of children from pedophiles that run rampant with the J-Dub religion.

2. The U.N. NGO scandal.

3. The 607 B.C. chronology.

4. The intellectual dishonesty of the WTB&TS in making cases against Christian doctrine.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

One really good question to ask is about their 'Divine Name' brochure and their 'Kingdom Interlinear'.The Divine name brochure blames the fact that the 'name' of God is missing in all of the ancient Greek copies of the original manuscrips on 'apostate' christians who took over in the early 2nd century. The Kingdom Interlinear goes as far to say that these writings where 'tampered' with.

Fist ask a JW if they believe that the Bible is Gods word. They will without thinking say yes.

Then ask "So God has preserved us his word for our guidence without error". Again they will say yes.

This is when you present to the JW that their religion teaches that the word of God has been tampered with, and needed changed by the NWT translation committee.

Then ask, if what you feel is one of the most important features of the Bible could have been tampered with and removed in the 2nd century, how can the rest of the Bible be trusted. Couldn't these 'apostate' christians have changed whatever they want?

I would also suggest asking them exactly how these early christains where able to take the name out of the New Testament. Keep pressing the issue. The JW will eventually have to admit that the name Jehovah either isn't in the New Testament, or that the Bible can't be trusted at all. And don't let them get into that Septuagint nonsense, where talking about the 'conspiracy' they try and say happened. Make them proove that people where working to take the name out.

• Ade
    Ade

• Ade
    Ade

Hi,
    The help you are seeking can be found by searching previous posts, however one of the greatest easily ( i feel ) proven points is to do with the beginnings of the "truth" itself.

Ask them why when Jesus states "he will be with us until the end of the age ( system of things )" that the so called truth only began when Charles Tazes Russell appeared on the scene ?? They may answer by saying " ahh but the truth was passed through other religions and groups along the way" say to them , " oh i see , so the religions/cults who worshipped the trinity, crosses and believed in hellfire were actually the truth"

Then also ask them that if the truth was "passed on through religions" why Charles taze russell said his information came only from angels and not from any religious group at all.

with this simple approach you show them up to be what they are , misguided and sad people living under the law of their oppressors ( the GB ).

Hope this helps a little
    God bless you and yours
    Ade

( if they say they will return with answers to these questions please contact me and i will explain even further )

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Ask them since they believe Jerusalem was desolated in 607 and they believe Nebuchadnezzar begin ruling in 624, how do they get 607 when the Bible at 2Kings 25: 8-9 says it was in Nebuchadnezzar's 19th year when Jerusalem was desolated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit