Well, well, the elder FINALLY called and want to meet again!!!

by Lady Liberty 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Sorry but my font size is ALL screwed up for some reason!

Let me start out by saying GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I am going to vent here!!! Many of you know our story. 8 MONTHS ago we met with the elders at their request, and told them of our questions and finding regarding 586/587 vs 607. We shared with them the Kings list supported by the Societies own literature. I gave them each a chart of the Kings list as well as copies of the Societies own literature to support the chart. Then we asked them why it is that this chart made using the Societies own data contradicts the Appendix to the Kingdom Come book. Of course they had NO answer and one even told us there WAS NO PROOF for 607! That statement, as well as the WHOLE conversation I have on TAPE!

Ok... so it was 7 months later that a family member called the P.O. and asked him why it was that they never got back to us. Of course the P.O. was put on the spot and he LIED about it and said that they had repeatedly called and called and we were avoiding their phone calls and refused to call them back! This was a bold face LIE! Both my husband and I have very public jobs, and our face and phne numbers are all over. Why is it we got any calls of any of our numbers UNTIL a family member called him for some answers on their neglect. So.. then and ONLY then did we get a message on our home phone. Meanwhile that concerned family member believed the elder and he and his wife have cut us off and said we were playing "games" with them!

So....the P.O. calls to schedule a meeting. They wanted to meet that coming Saturday, but my Sister was coming into town that weekend and we did not want to meet with her here. So he told him we could meet that following Wednesday. The P.O. said that would be bad for them, since everyone was getting ready to leave for the Assembly that weekend. So my husband said for them to just call when they got back and we would hook up.

Meantime.....my Aunt back east finds out we have been inactive. She had no idea we havn't been active for a year and a half. Her husband is a elder as well. I told her our findings and she listened patiently until I was done. Then she came UNGLUED! For four hours I was called an "apostate" and "a voice of a stranger"..etc. I would of hung up on her if it wasn't for the fact that my elderly Grandmother is in her care. And I am only able to have contact with her through my Aunt. Well, I begged her and or my elder Uncle to help me find the answers to our questions. She refused and three days later she wrote me the most hateful and hurtful letter! I cried my eyes out! At that point I made a decision. That decision is that I will never allow myself to be put through that again! I have done NOTHING wrong, yet I am shunned by 99% of all witnesses we know, including our family who are still active! Obviously the elders could care less about us! I find out my own Grandmother who lives in in a town nearby was called into a elders meeting at the Dicstrict convention with the P.O. and the D.O. to see what she knows about us. Funny how they will ask everyone else but never ask us! Whatever happened to applying Matthew? The Cuircut Overseer has been to my Grandmas house two different times to inquire about us. Why are they afraid to ask us if what they are hearing is true?? It is like being accused and convicted without ever being able to prove your innocence! It is like standing on train tracks with your arm out trying to stop a frieght train! The latest slander and gossip is... we are printing and distruibuting literature. That we have created a website called, "The TRUE Jehovah's Witnesses, oh...and it gets even better....we have started our own religion!!!! Can you believe it?? I am so hurt and disgusted that those that I thought were my friends and who are my family are treating us in such a unloving horrible way! People get off on all the gossip! I have heard these rumors from two states away in two different directions! And to think I would have given my life for these ones who are doing this! So , with all that being said, I really DO NOT want to meet with them anymore. I feel like it is a day late and a dollar short. I begged and pleaded when they were here last to give some sort of special needs talk on gossip and slander. (I just wanted to quietly fade.) But I was told they don't give a special needs part for just anyone who asks. I told them at the time, I realized that, but since rumors were even at that time flying, it would of been something that needed to be address. The P.O. agreed and said they would discuss it. Well aparently our reputation wasn't important enough to them! It was not their reputation at stake, it was ours! And now we are considered apostates! Just today I was shunned by two witnesses at the mall! UPDATE!!!!! Get this, my husband just walked in the door. He said the elders just called him a hour ago and they want to schedule to meet. My husband told him he would talk with me and get back to him. I really am just tired. I am tired of people treating me like I have done something wrong! I have NO intrest in arguing with anyone. That has never been a desire. I just wanted answers that made sence. I can tell you that after all these months I sincerely do not believe that they have want to meet to answer our questions. I question there motives now, and feel they are probably coming here to give us an ultimatum, and or get rid of us. I will have my husband tell them to put in the mail anything they may have that might answer our question regarding 587 vs 607. (I know they won't have anything.) But I am not going to put myself out there to be beaten up again! My Aunt did a fine enough job of that for everyone! So... thank you all for your listening ear...I think, I know our days are numbered! I am mentally now ready. BRING IT ON!!!!!

Sincerely, Lady Liberty
  • candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

more and more i'm hearing of people who are inactive or that have left the jw's as "starting their own religion"

how long has that been going on i wonder?

LL.. hang in there.. you know your facts, you are very well spoken in here and are able to present them in a clear way.. i know that wont matter to the company men but if you meet them, take the opportunity to let your voice be heard and walk away with your head held high.

hugs

• grey matters
    grey matters

Lady Lib,

I don't want to make light of your feelings. You're going through a tough time right now, and I'm sorry to see that. But, I have to say that while I was reading your post, I thought it was pretty cool that you have P.O's and C.O.'s and D.O.'s running around in a panic because they think you might be printing and distributing this information. They obviously don't have an answer for it!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Thank you Candilily,

I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement. I knew we hadn't heard the last of them. But as each month passed and more and more rumors circulated, the more and more I was disgusted with their lack of concern. Now they have the BALLS to want to meet?? Well, I tell you these last few months have toughened our skin, and they are going to be quite suprised at our reply.

Sincerley,

Lady Liberty

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Lady,

They do not want to meet to answer your Q's - they have already shown by their actions that they are on a "witch hunt" (pardon the phrase).I'm not telling you what to do, just giving you some advice, I would call them and let them know you know about them questioning your family and since they did not apply the advice in Matthew and go to you and your husband first, But rather spread vicous rumors and gossip about you - that you both decided not to meet with them at all. And tell them you don't give a hoot what they do because it will be on their conscience and when THAT day comes, THEY will have to explain their actions to JEHOVAH!

Sorry you are going through this. This is why some of us took the route to just leave on our own terms. Lilly

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I thought it was pretty cool that you have P.O's and C.O.'s and D.O.'s running around in a panic because they think you might be printing and distributing this information. They obviously don't have an answer for it!

Thank you Greymatters,

I tell you, it is ABSOLUTELY amazing!! I feel like a celebrity! My best friend said to me today, "If you think about it, I don't ever remember anyone I have ever known in our area that is, that left the Borg. be labeled an apostate". I thought to myself that that was true.

It is all because of the nature of our questions and how we presented them. They DON'T have any answers for their own information contradicting itself. And because of this it is far too dangerous to let us just fade.

I wouldn't put it past the eldders and the P.O. to have contributed to the rumors. Only to give them a reason to come back and bring unity back to the congregation (circuit) by getting rid of us for apostacy!

Thanks for your support!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• blondie
    blondie

Liars, liars, pants on fire, swinging on a telephone wire.

It amazing how elders tell such lies and family members believe them...but imagine the cognitive dissonance if that JW were to realize an elder lied...better that you, the apostate, are the liar. It reminds me of how a family member rationalized the physical abuse of another family member by her husband...by saying she must have done something to provoke the abuse.

I have found that JWs are not equipped to really explain the 607/1914 doctrine and avoid it at all costs. JWs are told to believe without understanding and in time God will clear up their understanding.

Do whatever you see is best for you and your family, Lady Liberty.

Blondie

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

So sorry you were spoken to like that by a dear family member. They suck. They make good people suck. They make good people say horrible things that they would never say ordinarily. It is just like the Borg, they implant things in their heads and they do what the collective wills, and those people who were good people and our loved ones, well they're just gone.

It sucks. I'm sorry. You are loved, don't forget it.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

You are loved, don't forget it.

Thank you so.. much! I am so grateful that I have everyone here! Unless you have been part of this cult you wouldn't completely understand. Thank you all for your support!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Unbelievable. But completely believable at the same time.

Sorry for the hatefilled insanity.

-Aude. (Dare to Know)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit