Dixie Chicks and Freedom of Speech

by Stephanus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

lovelylil:

I am simply saying if I support Freedom of Speech, the only action I would take if somone of the tv says something I do not like is I will turn off the tv, not try to send them a message because I did not like how they were using their free speech.

I guess that's where we differ. I don't see that my support of freedom of speech requires me to sponsor those whose opinions I disagree with - and I'm still at a loss as to why you think it should.

If people (especially celebrities) express ideas we find offensive, how do you think we should express our disagreement? Do you think we should?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Steph..In the old days women were kept bare foot,pregnant and chained to the stove..See what happens when you set them free and give them guitars?!..Kaos and Mayhem I tell you..The whole world is going to hell in a hand basket..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Hey Outlaw! I hear the Dixie Chicks are selling well in Canada - what'samatter? You Canadians like liberated, guitar-twangin', Bush-hating chicks, or summat?? LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit