Has anyone read this article..

by earthtone 85 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• parakeet
    parakeet

***TW: ***Once the elders are shown that they are wrong they will have to admit it and there is nothing they can do about it. When elders are wrong you are not expected to do what they say.***

Who are the elders in your world, TW? I have never, not once, first-hand or second-hand, seen or heard of elders who backed down if challenged by a r&f Witness. I'm not saying it can't happen, but an isolated example here and there would not change the error in your statement. JW lurkers here already know from experience that elders seldom, if ever, admit they are wrong. That's because elders follow the lead of the gb, who also seldom admit they are wrong. Just as you will not admit when you are wrong.

If your intention is, as you state, to provide the other "true" side to this story for the sake of undecided JW lurkers, you probably lost a few with that statement.

Lurkers, read some of the past threads here to see if elders routinely back down and admit they were wrong. From the extent and variety of the accounts, you will see that no one could make all of this up. Read TW's posts to see what the public "official" face of the WTS is; then read the reality of the unwritten WTS policies JW elders employ to smother the voicing of honest objections in their congregations.

• earthtone
    earthtone

Oh lord, what did I start! Once I saw third witness posting, I abandoned the third. Sorry but I don't care to hear anything from him/her.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

earthtone:

Once I saw third witness posting, I abandoned the third. Sorry but I don't care to hear anything from him/her.

I hear what you're saying.

It's significant I think that the poster or posters known as thirdwitness seems to latch onto a thread and post exclusively there until it's milked to death. Just look at his posting history.

I still think this is appropriate:

A "Do not feed the troll" image

• earthtone
    earthtone

lol @ ozzie

Sorry about the swearing ozzie.

• grey matters
    grey matters

3W says:

If you or anyone were ever told not to seek professional help then you were told wrong. You would have been wise to do research for yourself to see exactly what JWs teach rather than listening to what someone told you. If you had researched it for yourself you would have found out that whether or not someone seeks professional help is a personal decision that should not be criticized by the elders or anyone in the congregation.

That's not going to work for someone who is depressed. The last thing they are going to want to do is create more conflict and make their circumstances worse.

• 30girl
    30girl

3rd -- I personally didn't read all of your posts but the ones I did read are mechanically written. Nice job, you managed to leave out any indication that you might be a human. Come on, you're in the writing department aren't you and you do this on the side to vent your frustration from all the phone calls you receive every day? You mean to tell me that you sincerely believe that anyone who disagrees with the Watchtowers policies (as a corporation) is an apostate? You accuse all of us "apostates" as feeding each other with hate. Tell me, 3rd, at what age were you brought before your first Judicial Committee? You shouldn't make blind accusations that we as a group haven't seen both sides, you're kidding yourself. The WTS is accountable for the actions of their Elders because the Elders are shepherding their flocks. It's not a matter of black and white. You're dabbling with Ethos. There is an ethical responsibility that is bestowed upon unqualified men who are in a position of leadership/power w/in their congregations. Just because you say that these men act as humans with free will and subsequently don't always follow the WTS directives, well now, that doesn't mean the decisions they make don't affect the lives of the people they're counseling, guiding, directing, etc. You're right, we can't find specific verbage telling people not to seek psychiatric counsel, etc. but implied language is just as powerful as stating what you mean, is it not, brother? You must also admit that all the talks and Watchtower discussions digested by the R&F don't appear in any JW publications. What you can't prove is just as damning. You know that Elder's talks will have thier individual intonation, leading verbage and yet, haven't we been admonished to take notes and reflect back on the points? What about all the District Conventions, Circuit assemblies with thier specified themes -- really, you must think we don't remember what we heard. Perhaps your perceptive powers have been erased? Please don't pretend that the members of this board can't differentiate between the actions of a corporation and a religious organization. What is alarming to people about your post is that you defend the actions of the WTS as a corporation and the majority of us identify the Borg with our personal experience of it acting like a religious organization the majority of our lives only to have the carpet pulled out from under us to discover that the WTS is now going to act like a corporation in order to defend itself. You can bury us with your repetitive facts of this case over and over again but what stands out is that the society operates on the whole by distorting and concealing facts so they don't get caught lying. You won't succeed in censoring anyone's opinions here. You may want to go back to the Hall where you already have people conditioned to take your word as gospel, already agree with your existing opinions. Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all full up here.

• JimWood
    JimWood

TW **And as it turned out it was a 137,000 dollar victory for JWs. You can sue me all day and claim victory all you like if I recieve that kind of money for 'losing'.**

So you admit that its all about the money and not about shepherding /protecting the flock.

• JimWood
    JimWood

TW ** I contend that very few people who leave JWs even know both sides of the story but only the one told by opposers of JWs. My agenda is to tell the other side of the story, the true side, if you will. So that those who may be considering leaving JWs based on what they are told by opposers can consider the whole story not just the twisted story coming from opposers of JWs. My purpose is to reach any who are not yet filled with blind hatred against JWs. Blind hatred which is based on inaccurate information. It is my purpose to expose the falsehoods being told by ones whose only agenda is to discredit JWs.

Why wound the WTS not publish 'rebuttals' to accusations made that are that inaccurate? Specifically the UN debacle. If there is information that is in existence that will clear the WTS of these charges, why not release it. Not providing this information with the knowledge that people are leaving places further bloodguilt on their already soiled hands. I remember something about a shepherd leaving the flock to find one stray sheep. Or are a few sacrificial lambs considered holy in the theocratic war to retain power/controll over the ill-informed.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Notice how 3dwitness picks out the Boer case because he feels it is weak and sticks to that, trying to pick it apart point by point. And with his "magic wand" conveniently overlooks any other case or anything anyone else has to say about child abuse within Jehovah's Witnesses.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I am still waiting to see any post in reply from 3W since his thread was shut down. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

earthtone: Sorry to shanghai your thread .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit