Free Will vs. Destiny

by Morocco 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Morocco
    Morocco

Great and simple observation Eldarwho, it goes hand in hand with what Peacefulpete said... human nature is to take the easy road. Peacefulpete, I also appreciate what you said. We are all controlled to a certain extent, we have reflexes that constantly work behind the scenes in our subconscious, that is why im so fascinated with the brain. What if we could change our entire response system? What if we could modify our base nature? It also sometimes bothers me that we are really nothing more than a certain level of animals. I personally do not believe in a destiny, or preordination, I believe in what IP_SEC and Gaiagirl said, everything, all rules, systems, and contingencies are already set up in reality for everything to be self sufficient.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    I believe in what IP_SEC and Gaiagirl said, everything, all rules, systems, and contingencies are already set up in reality for everything to be self sufficient.

I too believe this in part, although I attribute the "order" if you will, to Intelligent design.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    think that one must define both the terms "free" and "will."

What is the "will?" And what is it "free" from?

No takers?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit