Goodbye

by troubled 29 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled
    troubled

Hi All,

After much soul searching, I've decided to abandon this board. I have learned a great deal, and what I've read has expanded my view. So as I leave, I'll not be sorry for the time I spent here.

However, since I've read and posted here, it has become increasingly clear that the main purpose of this board is to support ex-Witnesses. Therefore, as a currently active JW, when I make a post to express my feelings, I inevitably end up stoking up the pain and anger of others who have been hurt by the organization. This has never been my intention. I have no malice toward any of you.

So I leave this board without bad feelings and grateful for the information I've gained. I will think about the posts I've read. And regardless of your view of JWs, I wish only the best for you.

Goodbye.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((Troubled)))))

I'm sorry this board is losing you. I'm glad that you've found some information here. Please don't forget it. One of these days, I hope you can learn from it and use it to your betterment. Your genuine kindness as a JW and curiosity and spirit as a human is remembered and considered courageous. Just remember that your loyalties lie in Jehovah...not an organization. We will miss you!

Christian love,
    Andi

• joelbear
    joelbear

Troubled,

I am glad you have been able to get a small taste of the pain that people suffer because of religion.

Hopefully you, as one of the faithful, can go back into the fray, and at least dampen this somewhat.

I see you as a caring person. I believe you would be a caring person whether you were a Jehovah's Witness or not.

I ask you to contemplate how you spend you time and think about doing some community volunteer work, so you can experience just how kind and good non-witnesses can be.

I wish you peace

Joel

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I wish only the best for you.

Back atcha sista.

I just have a feeling you are going to be OK. I ache for the further pain you will go thru. A scripture comes to mind, but I would probably be mis-aplying it, so I'll not.

Take care.

Love, very christlike, but not quite christian. -Six

• waiting
    waiting

Hey troubled,

As said the others - I wish you well. Please remember the good & the bad that you've read.

As the WTBTS says all too often "We're just imperfect men (women also here)."

Come back & visit again sometime? At least one thing! You've learned that not all apostates are Satan's Seed, eh? A start of communication hopefully?

Take care.

waiting

• radar
    radar

Troubled

Without an alternative viewpoint, people will stagnate into their own ignorance.

If you have learned much, why leave?

Anyway I wish you well, see you again,

Radar

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

(((troubled)))

Sorry to lose you, your posts are very thoughtful. You made me remember that there are good-hearted people who just happen to be JWs.

I find it all too easy to JW-bash, talk about "those people" and say that "they're *all* hateful towards non-JWs" but then someone like you comes along and restores my faith.

Please continue to lurk, if anything. Feel free to e-mail me privately, if you are so inclined.

Regards,
    Reagan

I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul.

• nelly136
    nelly136

sorry to see you go,
    I dont see you deliberately stoking just sharing
    from a different viewpoint, take care
    nelly

• Vienna
    Vienna

Goodbye Troubled!

I think you are a very kind person and I hope you will still visit the board from time to time.

Please take care...and don't take it as an offense but I will pray for you because you have a geniune heart and warm spirit. Hopefully you and your husband can finish the vacation you were on last week sometimes soon. Please take care!

With Love, Vienna :)

• RipVanWinkle
    RipVanWinkle

Troubled,

Thanks for your short visit. I usually just read the board and have made more comments in the past week than in months.

I have felt that the board has helped me to be more compassionate. I have experienced some excruitating pain within the Org. I am working through it and feel that my relationship with Jehovah is stronger. It has also made me less judgmental of others. I have seen enough to know that there has been a lot of malpractice among people who are not well enough trained to take on the giant task of helping the congregation with the magnitude of problems that are staggering. Yet at the same time they are being put up as "capable" to help with all manner of problems.

I believe that eventually some of this will be realized and changes will come. Perhaps better training an an awareness of their limitations. In the meantime, I feel I am a better person for the pain I've suffered. I went thru denial, anger, resignment and now am a different person, but a stronger one. I can reach out to others who are hurting in the congregation and help in a way that only someone who has been there can do. I've not "arrived" just still on the journey.

Thank you for your post.

RVW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit